There are so many Disney movies coming out that it can be hard to keep track of them all. We’re all so focused on some upcoming titles that we forget about a few others, such as The Lion King due out next year. EW Radio recently sat down with Seth Rogen, who will be voicing Pumbaa. When asked if he did any recording with other people, Rogen said that he did get the opportunity to record with some of his cast mates.
“Yeah, most of my stuff in the movie is with Billy Eichner and Donald Glover. It was the three of us in a recording booth together, more me and Billy than all three of us, but all three of did it a few times.”
When it came to the singing, Rogen talked about how he’s not very good and that he was frustrating Pharrell Williams, who was his vocal coach.
“I literally had, like, Pharrell Williams, banging his head against a wall trying to extract like a fucking good note out of me. I’m like ‘someone less famous would actually be more helpful.’ It’s like the last thing I need is like ‘oh so you have to learn to ride a motorcycle, we have Evel Knievel here to teach you!’ Like I don’t want that, just give me a guy!”
Thus far the only footage we’ve seen from The Lion King was the opening shot during D23, which may or may not have made the person writing this article cry (it did).
The Lion King, directed by Jon Favreau, stars Donald Glover, Beyonce, Billy Eichner, Seth Rogen, Alfre Woodard, and John Oliver. It will be released on July 19th, 2019.
- Check Out Pretty Much the Entire Cast of Aquaman on New Magazine Cover - July 17, 2018
- 6 New Character Posters for Robin Hood Highlight the Main Cast - July 17, 2018
- New Robin Hood Trailer Shows Off More Action and Teases the Plot - July 17, 2018
- Kevin Feige Talks About Giving Avengers 4 a Definitive Ending - July 17, 2018
- New Behind-the-Scenes Featurette for Mission: Impossible – Fallout Highlights the Insane Stunts - July 17, 2018