God of War‘s Cory Barlog took part in an un-planned interview with YouTube channel Skill Up’s Ralph. The two spent their time casually chatting about the creative director’s reactions to the press’ praises for the game and how Barlog pressed forward with development. While all of that is fascinating, the most interesting bit of the interview came near the tail end of the video where Barlog discusses his future plans.
Barlog says that he plans to take a long sabbatical with his family after all of the press events for God of War wrap-up, but as for his next steps in the industry, he wants to build a brand new IP from scratch and helm the project as creative director. “I’d love to create something of my own. Something that is truly coming from my original vision,” he said. “That would be awesome. We’ll have to see if I can convince Sony of that one.”
Given the overnight critical success for the hack and slash platformer reboot, we think it unlikely Sony won’t go along with Barlog’s IP. After all, he does seem to be on something of a creative high and Sony could always use new exclusive properties for their console line.
You can check out the full interview with Skill Up below.
- Juggler Games’ My Memory of Us is Subtly Depressing - April 18, 2018
- Aftercharge is Good, Insane Multiplayer Shooter Fun - April 18, 2018
- For an Indie Sci-Fi Shooter, Dolmen has a Lot to Offer - April 18, 2018
- Volantia: Zen and The Art of Kingdom Maintenance - April 18, 2018
- Warhammer: Doomwheel’s Combat is Viscerally Satisfying - April 18, 2018