We already know that there is going to be blood on the ground by the time the credits roll in Avengers: Infinity War. There are lists of people that seem like they’ll be safe and others that are pretty much dead men (or women) walking. One of the people assumed was safe was Doctor Strange as played by Benedict Cumberbatch. He’s one of the newer characters of the universe, and it looks like they are setting him up to be a major player going forward. However, during an interview with MTV Movies Cumberbatch made it sound like we should be more worried about the Sorcerer Supreme.
It’ll be interesting. You have to wait and see. There’s lots of threats coming his way. He holds the Time Stone around his neck for a part of this film and we know someone’s coming to get them for a big glove.
We’ve all been assuming that Vision is going to die because he has the Mind Stone in his head, but we all seem to forget that Doctor Strange is carrying around the Time Stone. He’s in the line of fire right alongside Vision, and protecting that stone is very important to him. We’ve seen that he gets tortured by Ebony Maw in the trailers, so things aren’t looking great for the good Doctor. As Cumberbatch points out, just because we see him there doesn’t mean we’ll be seeing more of him.
You’ve seen him in Thor: Ragnarok and you know he’s in this one. That doesn’t mean you’ll see any more of him, so you’ll have to wait and see.
Cumberbatch could just be playing the hype game and doing the game to dodge the Marvel snipers, but it is a good point that a lot of fans are forgetting. Everyone is in danger in Infinity War, but no one more so than Vision and Doctor Strange.
Summary: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment – the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Anthony Mackie. It will be released on April 27th.
- Doctor Strange Director Scott Derrickson Says Without Critics and Journalists He Wouldn’t Be a Director
- Let's Take a Look at the Marvel Legends MCU Vision and Scarlet Witch Two-Pack
- Let's Take A look At Han Solo and Lando Calrissian Star Wars Black Series Figures
- Let's Look At The Thanos 10 Inch Funko Pop And How Awesome It Is
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Sunday, April 15
- Keanu Reeves Says He Doesn’t Know If Bill & Ted 3 Will Become a Reality - July 15, 2018
- New Poster and Trailer for A Simple Favor - July 15, 2018
- Character Posters for Christopher Robin Give Us a Close Up Look at the Animals - July 15, 2018
- Dwayne Johnson Says There is “No Need” To Talk to Tyrese About the Fast and Furious Feud - July 15, 2018
- Laurence Fishburne Isn’t Sure He’ll Return to the DCEU - July 14, 2018