One of the biggest complaints that we seem to hear on Twitch streams of Sea of Thieves is that the content hits a wall after a certain point and that there are only a few things you can do at a specific point in the game. But today, Rare released a brand-new video along with some notes (which we’ve included below) about their content plans for the game moving forward.
Among these are weekly events that will have new mechanics, a major game update coming in May, and a new ship class that will debut in the summer with two new modes. In essence, take the time you have right now to fine-tune your Sea of Thieves skills, because they’re going to be put to the test very shortly.
- Our plan is for regular content updates and weekly events:
- Content updates will add major new features alongside new items & mechanics, with new goals and rewards.
- Weekly events will introduce new mechanics, or see fun goals for players to achieve in our world.
- Our first content update is coming in early May, titled The Hungering Deep:
- The Hungering Deep brings a new AI threat to the world, that crews will have to work together to discover and defeat as part of a unique event. We will also be introducing a number of new mechanics that will assist players on this adventure, and there will be unique rewards that players can earn as part of this event.
- Beyond that, we plan two more content updates during the summer and another three more before the end of the calendar year:
- This summer we’ll debut Cursed Sails, which will include a new ship type, and Forsaken Shores, which will introduce players to a new perilous part of the world to explore. Similarly to The Hungering Deep, both of these updates will also include new gameplay mechanics for players, new AI threats to challenge and new unique rewards to claim.
- Our content plans will continue to grow and evolve, based on feedback from our players. Based on feedback since launch, we have changed the priorities for both Pets and Ship Captaincy which we had previously announced as things we would look to add in the few months after launch. These are on the backburner for now whilst we add to the game in other areas. Expect our plans to continue to be fluid but always with the goals listed above as our guiding principles.
- Sea Of Thieves Gets a New Patch With Customizations and Bug Fixes
- Sailing the Salty Seas: We Review Sea of Thieves
- Sea of Thieves Players in Uproar Over Someone Hitting Pirate Legend Status
- Sea of Thieves is Microsoft's Fastest-Selling New IP This Generation
- Sea Of Thieves Kills the Death Cost Plans After Fan Outrage
- Twitch Streamers are Making Guides to Sea Of Thieves
- Warhammer 40,000: Inquisitor – Martyr Pushed to June - April 19, 2018
- Microsoft Apparently Hiring for Next Xbox Console Design - April 19, 2018
- Is SNK Teasing a Mini Neo Geo Console for Their 40th Anniversary? - April 19, 2018
- TinyBuild Games Shows Off the Graveyard Keeper Reveal Trailer - April 19, 2018
- Michelle Rodriguez and Kristine Leahy Will Guest Star on H1Z1 Pro League - April 19, 2018