The Her Universe Fashion Show is returning to San Diego Comic-Con in 2018, and as of today, the submissions window is open for hopeful designers.
Her Universe founder and CEO Ashley Eckstein (Star Wars: The Clone Wars) began her fashion show at SDCC 2014, aiming to bring geek chic to the world of couture fashion. (They were not, as many outlets and Eckstein claims, the first to do so, however.) That said, the San Diego edition of the show has continued to grow in prestige and visibility, increasing in audience and upping the creative offerings annually.
Today, Her Universe announced that the submissions window for the 2018 show is now open. Here’s the announcement:
- THE HER UNIVERSE FASHION SHOW
Each year, hundreds of design submissions are submitted from all over the country with the finalists competing in the world’s top “Geek Couture” fashion show.
- Competition brings together professional and amateur designers, male and female, to showcase their original sci-fi and pop-culture inspired designs for a shot at designing a Her Universe fashion collection with Ashley Eckstein for Hot Topic.
- Judging panels each year consist of influencers and personalities from the fashion and pop-culture universes.
- Over a thousand highly energized fans, many who stand in line for over five hours to get in, flood the Harbor Ballroom for the show.
- Celebrities and pop culture personalities attend such as Game of Thrones actresses, Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) & Sophie Turner (Sansa Stark).
- The Her Universe Fashion Show each year garners attention and coverage from not only entertainment and mainstream media such as The New York Times, Entertainment Weekly, MTV, Hello Giggles and Rolling Stone but fashion media including Cosmopolitan, Nylon, and PopSugar. Social media reach has exceeded 50+ million impressions.
- For the past two years, Rolling Stone has chosen The Her Universe Fashion Show as one of the “25 Best Things We Saw at San Diego Comic-Con”.