Aquaman is currently doing some reshoots at the moment, and it sounds like we have a new cast member. Director James Wan took to Twitter to announce that Randall Park has joined the cast as Dr. Stephen Shin.
— James Wan (@creepypuppet) April 12, 2018
In the comics Stephen Shin was, according to the DC Database:
“… a friend of Tom Curry and a young Arthur Curry. He helped the young Arthur develop his powers. But later, Stephen turned on Aquaman and tried to kill him because he wouldn’t reveal the location of Atlantis to him.”
What kind of role he’s going to play specifically in the movie has yet to be seen.
Next, those in the United Kingdom are getting Aquaman a week early, according to Digital Spy. The release date has been moved forward from December 21st to December 14th. This December is turning out to be a pretty packed month, but the 21st also has Bumblebee and Alita: Battle Angel on that same day. Not that the 14th is much better with Mortal Engines and Spider-Man: Enter the Spider-Verse. Digital Spy believes that this move in the UK could signal a move in the states as well, but we’ll have to see.
Summary: Arthur Curry learns that he is the heir to the underwater kingdom of Atlantis, and must step forward to lead his people and to be a hero to the world.
Aquaman will be directed by James Wan and stars Jason Momoa, Amber Heard, Nicole Kidman, Patrick Wilson, and Willem Dafoe. It will be released December 21st.
- Mortal Engines Review: A Generic Story With a Fantastic New Coat of Paint - December 13, 2018
- Once Upon a Deadpool Review: Proof That a PG-13 Deadpool Doesn’t Work - December 13, 2018
- Mary Poppins Returns: Featurette Teases Topsy and a New Clip Shows off a New Song - December 12, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – Multiple Stan Lee Cameos and Different Peter Parker’s - December 12, 2018
- The Punisher Season 2: Jon Bernthal Shares a LQ First Image - December 12, 2018