Sometimes when you hit the PAX East floor, you get taken down a very dark path and you’re not entirely sure how to respond to it, you just know it will haunt you for days. Such was the case when we tried out Immure from Wither Studios, as we’re still not sure if the demons left us. The demo we tried out put us in the role of a man who somehow ended up in this mansion and doesn’t know exactly what he’s doing here or how to get out. He eventually comes across a floating stone with the ability to show him things he can’t see with his regular eyes. All the while you’re being hunted by weird creatures that want to decapitate you, and you also seem to be getting splitting headaches because this place has evil powers that just seem to be messing with you.
I quite liked the game, although sometimes I was lead somewhere that took me a minute to figure out the puzzle. Parts of this are very surreal and put me on edge as I was playing it, which I took as a good thing because it was the perfect game to make me paranoid about the dark. We weren’t given a release date for the game, only told it would probably see Early Access sometime this year on PC. If you enjoy side-scrolling horror, Immure is worth keeping an eye out for.
- Feeling the Weight of the World in Dark Devotion
- Reliving All of Our Old Quake Survival Days in Dusk
- Delving Into Nothing but Hell with Amid Evil at PAX East
- Survival of the Fittest Platform Stacker in Beasts of Balance
- Amazon Leaks the Next Dungeons & Dragons Book, Revealing a Major Crossover - July 22, 2018
- Marvel Hypes Powers United VR at SDCC as a Jumping Pad for VR - July 22, 2018
- Pokémon GO Players Reporting Failures with Zapdos Day Event - July 22, 2018
- Another Sight Receives a Proper Overview Trailer from the Crew - July 22, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Removes Offensive Mask from Game - July 22, 2018