While we were at PAX East, not all of it was video games, we got in some decent board gaming time as well. One of the appointments we managed to book in the tabletop area landed us some time with a game called Beasts Of Balance. The game is actually pretty cool as you take plastic figures that have scannable codes on the bottom and stack them up, thereby adding them to the game via an app you can use on your smartphone or tablet. Every time you add a new creature, resources get taken away or they find a way to morph into new animals that can survive longer. But like any tower game, the pieces don’t always work together, so you’re stuck trying to make this balancing act work or else you lose the game.
There’s a lot of fun factors to everything like adding food and other resources, not to mention some wild pieces that can add in a sense of danger and exploration to the game. I had a lot of fun with this and I see the appeal behind it, but it has a lot of moving parts so this is not a game for the timid or those who are afraid of experimenting and messing up for fun. Beasts Of Balance is currently our for people to purchase if you wish to do so. We’ll try to do a full review of the game at a later date.
- Feeling the Weight of the World in Dark Devotion
- Reliving All of Our Old Quake Survival Days in Dusk
- Delving Into Nothing but Hell with Amid Evil at PAX East
- The Haunting Pain and Suffering We Tried Out in Immure
- Jumping to Survive in a World of Mazes with The King's Bird
- Playing Indiana Jones, Kinda, as we Tackle the City Of Brass
- Being Absolutely Captivated with Projection: First Light at PAX East
- Old-School Adventuring Refined in the Demo for Faeland
- Dylan Sprouse Voices Alith Anar for Total War Warhammer II DLC - May 26, 2018
- NIS America Announces Killer7 Coming to Steam This Fall - May 26, 2018
- The Lost Child Receives a New Angel Interaction Trailer - May 26, 2018
- Epic Games Openly Warns Players About Free Fortnite V-Bucks Scams - May 26, 2018
- Bungie Makes a Few Armor Tweaks and More in Destiny 2 - May 26, 2018