IDW’s Sonic the Hedgehog #1 has sold out, and will return for a second printing, the publisher announced Thursday via press release. The issue is getting a second printing that will be available in stores on May 2nd. Before then, however, readers will be able to pick up three more issues of the comic, with Sonic #2 out on April 11th, #3 in stores on April 18th, and #4 in stores on April 25th. Though retailers have purchased all the copies of Sonic #1, however, that doesn’t mean readers have, so you might still be able to pick one up in your local shop.
“We know fans have been waiting a long time for this launch, and we couldn’t be happier with their response to the first issue,” said editor Joe Hughes in the press release. “This first issue was the start of a four-week event that kicked off the beginning of a new era for Sonic comics. The new series will feature new adventures with characters new and old and I cannot wait for fans to see what’s in store.”
“The SEGA and IDW teams have worked tirelessly since the announcement last July,” said Sega Licensing dude Michael Cisneros. “The incredible outpouring of support from our fans these past nine months has made everything worthwhile.”
IDW snagged the Sonic license from Archie after Sega dumped Archie on Twitter last year, and the new pair was spotted canoodling at San Diego Comic Con that same weekend. Oooh, that was embarassing. But it looks like things are working out well for the new couple.
- Sega Announces the MegaDrive Mini in Japan
- Power Rangers: Shattered Grid Gets Holofoil Variant by Trevor Hairsine - July 16, 2018
- Bobby Lashley Steals Roman Reigns’s “Big Dog” Nickname After Extreme Rules Win - July 16, 2018
- Black Mask to Publish Mr. Robot Prequel Comic by Creator Sam Esmail - July 16, 2018
- Countdown to Danger: Netflix’s Lost in Space Gets a Comic Book Spinoff by Richard Dinnick, Brian Buccellato, and Zid - July 16, 2018
- Power Rangers: Shattered Grid Collected in 4 Volumes, with 2 Chances to Double Dip - July 16, 2018