Another title we got to try out at PAX East was Dusk from New Blood Interactive, which we’re just going to say right off the bat, had us going back in our minds to the glory days of playing Quake online, with all the intensity and bloodshed you might expect. The game itself makes absolutely no excuses for exactly what it is, as you are dropped into an FPS with the goal of destroying everything in sight that may wish to do you harm.
The game has three modes, two of which we got to try out at the convention. The first is the regular campaign mode where you start at a particular place trying to reach the end without dying, which is already an intense experience. The second was Endless Survival Mode, where you’re hit with wave after wave of enemies that you must run around and kill in an enclosed space with few weapons at your disposal.
The third, which we didn’t get to play for obvious reasons at a con, was multiplayer mode. But from the footage we saw, it’s mighty comparable to the way FPS online games from the late ’90s ran. If you’d like to play Dusk, you can get it right now on Steam as the company released it back in January for $20.
- Doing Futuristic Detective Work in Tales of the Neon Sea
- Breaking Into South American Cults with The Church in the Darkness
- Platformer Building on a Different Level with Super Tony Land
- Playing as Cartoonish Co-Op Heroes in The Swords of Ditto
- Survival of the Fittest Platform Stacker in Beasts of Balance
- Descenders is the Game for Folks Who Gotta Go Fast, Downhill
- The Haunting Pain and Suffering We Tried Out in Immure
- Jumping to Survive in a World of Mazes with The King's Bird
- Playing Indiana Jones, Kinda, as we Tackle the City Of Brass
- Sony Announces the PlayStation Plus Free Games for May 2018 - April 25, 2018
- Harmony Gold’s Copyright Case Against Harebrained Schemes is Dismissed - April 25, 2018
- Belgium Declares Loot Boxes Illegal and Wants Them Removed - April 25, 2018
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Shows Off Fused Zamasu in New Trailer - April 25, 2018
- Sonic Mania Plus Confirmed for Release in July - April 25, 2018