If you’ve ever wanted to play as Indiana Jones to a degree and be in a world that has some magic, then you might want to take a quick look at City Of Brass from Uppercut Games as we checked them out at PAX East this weekend. The game is best described as an Arabian Nights-inspired first-person rogue-lite adventure, which was put together by some awesome people who once worked on BioShock. You serve as an adventurer going through levels swarming with skeletons in an effort to free Djinn’s who have been captured and enslaved throughout the level to do their bidding. All you have is a sword and a whip, along with your own personal wits to defeat all of the enemies and make your way to the end of the level without being killed by one of the hundreds of traps along the way.
I had a lot of fun trying this out. There’s still some kinks in the game as we were playing the demo, but nothing too noticeable that will throw people off. The game is currently out on Steam in Early Access with the full version set to be released on May 8th.
- Reliving All of Our Old Quake Survival Days in Dusk
- Delving Into Nothing but Hell with Amid Evil at PAX East
- Survival of the Fittest Platform Stacker in Beasts of Balance
- Jumping to Survive in a World of Mazes with The King's Bird
- Being Absolutely Captivated with Projection: First Light at PAX East
- Old-School Adventuring Refined in the Demo for Faeland
- Attempting to Make Sense Out of Primus Vita from PAX East
- Discovering a Game That Made Me Feel Feelings in Solo at PAX East
- Getting Our Mega Man Fix at PAX East with 20XX
- Epic Games Teases a New Fortnite Compact SMG is Coming Soon - July 23, 2018
- Splatoon 2 is Receiving an Octoling Amiibo Coming This December - July 23, 2018
- RedG Studios Releases a New Trailer For Their Horror Game S.O.N. - July 23, 2018
- Nintendo Files Lawsuits Against a Few Different ROM Sites - July 23, 2018
- SEGA Releases a Dev Diary Going Behind-The-Scenes of Sonic Mania - July 23, 2018