As much as I enjoy the current landscape of gaming, there’s still a part of me that harkens back to the old PC adventure titles from the late ’80s and early ’90s. When we walked up to the Faeland booth at PAX East and saw what the game had to offer, I was instantly taken back. The game is a simple kind of Metroidvania platformer where you are a young adventurer in the countryside trying to do good by the people you see. The two things that make this game stand out are the animations and the realism. We start with the realism in the idea that not everyone here cares about you. Not everyone has something interesting to say, some even look at you as a pest. So unlike other titles where people welcome you to the fold, you’re just here being an intrusion into other people’s lives, and that’s fun and interesting to me.
The other being the animations and graphics are that they took great care to make these look old-school, but the game plays like it was made in this generation. The way people smoke in taverns, walk in different patterns, even just standing and breathing as they look at you… it’s all beautiful. The game will be launching a Kickstarter campaign on April 17th to get more funding to make the game possible, so be on the lookout for that!
- Survival of the Fittest Platform Stacker in Beasts of Balance
- Jumping to Survive in a World of Mazes with The King's Bird
- Playing Indiana Jones, Kinda, as we Tackle the City Of Brass
- Being Absolutely Captivated with Projection: First Light at PAX East
- Attempting to Make Sense Out of Primus Vita from PAX East
- Discovering a Game That Made Me Feel Feelings in Solo at PAX East
- Getting Our Mega Man Fix at PAX East with 20XX
- Fighting the Monsters Under Our Bed in Sleep Tight at PAX East
- City Of The Shroud is a Tactical RPG With a Few New Tricks
- Where Do I Put All This Steam? We Review WD’s My Passport Ultra - April 20, 2018
- The Legend Of Bum-Bo is Getting a Proper Release in 2018 - April 20, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Next Map is Getting a Cave Network - April 20, 2018
- More Call Of Duty: Black Ops 4 Rumors Say Game Will Be Like Overwatch - April 20, 2018
- Xbox Insiders Getting a Preview of the May Update Now - April 20, 2018