The spinoff of Fast and Furious appears to have snagged a director. After many months of rumors, director David Leitch has been confirmed by Entertainment Weekly to direct the first spinoff movie to the wildly popular franchise.
Leitch, who also directed Atomic Blonde and co-directed John Wick, has been the reported front-runner to helm the film for months. He’s known for incredibly visceral, stunt-driven action sequences and was a stunt double/coordinator prior to directing. He will direct from a script written by Chris Morgan, who has penned six installments of the blockbuster series, including the most recent, The Fate of the Furious.
The movie, which is rumored to be called Hobbs and Shaw, has a release date of July 26th, 2019. The Fast and Furious series has made $5.1 billion in the worldwide box office and has been keeping the lights on at Universal Pictures since 2001.
- SpongeBob and Dwayne "The Rock" / "Beef Piston" Johnson's Magical Twitter Exchange
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Latest Skyscraper Trailer Is Here!
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Friday, April 13
- Aaron Taylor-Johnson Comments on Quicksilver’s Return for Avengers 4 - October 19, 2018
- Netflix Cancels Marvel’s Luke Cage After 2 Seasons - October 19, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: 3 New Behind-the-Scenes Photos - October 19, 2018
- Check Out Some Armored Sharks in These New Aquaman Images - October 19, 2018
- Disney’s Jungle Cruise Gets Delayed 9 Months - October 19, 2018