The spinoff of Fast and Furious appears to have snagged a director. After many months of rumors, director David Leitch has been confirmed by Entertainment Weekly to direct the first spinoff movie to the wildly popular franchise.
Leitch, who also directed Atomic Blonde and co-directed John Wick, has been the reported front-runner to helm the film for months. He’s known for incredibly visceral, stunt-driven action sequences and was a stunt double/coordinator prior to directing. He will direct from a script written by Chris Morgan, who has penned six installments of the blockbuster series, including the most recent, The Fate of the Furious.
The movie, which is rumored to be called Hobbs and Shaw, has a release date of July 26th, 2019. The Fast and Furious series has made $5.1 billion in the worldwide box office and has been keeping the lights on at Universal Pictures since 2001.
- SpongeBob and Dwayne "The Rock" / "Beef Piston" Johnson's Magical Twitter Exchange
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Latest Skyscraper Trailer Is Here!
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Friday, April 13
- Mary Poppins Returns: Featurette Teases Topsy and a New Clip Shows off a New Song - December 12, 2018
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse – Multiple Stan Lee Cameos and Different Peter Parker’s - December 12, 2018
- The Punisher Season 2: Jon Bernthal Shares a LQ First Image - December 12, 2018
- First Image and Summary for Movie Adaptation of the Vertigo Comic The Kitchen - December 12, 2018
- John Mulaney Shares Some NSFW Outtakes from Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - December 12, 2018