The spinoff of Fast and Furious appears to have snagged a director. After many months of rumors, director David Leitch has been confirmed by Entertainment Weekly to direct the first spinoff movie to the wildly popular franchise.
Leitch, who also directed Atomic Blonde and co-directed John Wick, has been the reported front-runner to helm the film for months. He’s known for incredibly visceral, stunt-driven action sequences and was a stunt double/coordinator prior to directing. He will direct from a script written by Chris Morgan, who has penned six installments of the blockbuster series, including the most recent, The Fate of the Furious.
The movie, which is rumored to be called Hobbs and Shaw, has a release date of July 26th, 2019. The Fast and Furious series has made $5.1 billion in the worldwide box office and has been keeping the lights on at Universal Pictures since 2001.
- SpongeBob and Dwayne "The Rock" / "Beef Piston" Johnson's Magical Twitter Exchange
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Latest Skyscraper Trailer Is Here!
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Friday, April 13
- New TV Spot for The Nutcracker and the Four Realms - September 20, 2018
- Paramount Pictures Greenlights New Movies Based on Tom Clancy Characters Starring Michael B. Jordan - September 20, 2018
- Bob Iger Talks Integrating the X-Men into the Marvel Cinematic Universe - September 20, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: Release Date, Poster, and Teaser Released - September 20, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: First Poster Teases Darkness - September 19, 2018