A lot of Saudi Arabian WWE fans are going to be very disappointed on Rusev Day. It seems that Rusev will no longer be competing with The Undertaker in their just-announced casket match, according to WWE.com. Instead, The Undertaker will face Chris Jericho, because everyone knows a casket match is better when the combined ages of the two competitors is 100 or more. It’s just more believable that way.
According to WWE, the change isn’t the result of backstage politics or booking indecisiveness, but rather because Rusev’s wife, Lana, didn’t want Rusev competing in the dangerous match.
All over the world, little boys and girls are celebrating #RusevDay, they smile for the greatest Superstar ever ! I’ve already spoke with @WWE officials to change that match because I REFUSE to let my husband @RusevBUL compete in a Casket Match at #WWEGRR! Happy #RusevDay
— CJ (Lana) Perry (@LanaWWE) April 12, 2018
The match takes place at WWE’s Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia on April 27th… provided there are no further changes before then.
- The Morlocks Come to Fox’s The Gifted in Season 2, Plus More X-Men “Straight Out of the Comics” [Trailer] - July 22, 2018
- The X-Men Learn There’s Just One More Day Before #MarvelDeclassified Shakes Comic Book History to Its Core - July 22, 2018
- Watch the Black Lightning SDCC 2018 Trailer - July 22, 2018
- First Look at Arrow Season 7 in Trailer from San Diego Comic-Con - July 22, 2018
- First Look at Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 in Comic-Con Trailer - July 22, 2018