A lot of Saudi Arabian WWE fans are going to be very disappointed on Rusev Day. It seems that Rusev will no longer be competing with The Undertaker in their just-announced casket match, according to WWE.com. Instead, The Undertaker will face Chris Jericho, because everyone knows a casket match is better when the combined ages of the two competitors is 100 or more. It’s just more believable that way.
According to WWE, the change isn’t the result of backstage politics or booking indecisiveness, but rather because Rusev’s wife, Lana, didn’t want Rusev competing in the dangerous match.
All over the world, little boys and girls are celebrating #RusevDay, they smile for the greatest Superstar ever ! I’ve already spoke with @WWE officials to change that match because I REFUSE to let my husband @RusevBUL compete in a Casket Match at #WWEGRR! Happy #RusevDay
— CJ (Lana) Perry (@LanaWWE) April 12, 2018
The match takes place at WWE’s Greatest Royal Rumble event in Saudi Arabia on April 27th… provided there are no further changes before then.
- Chelsea Cain Responds to Chuck Wendig’s Marvel Firing With One Word: Union - October 13, 2018
- Traitor! The Beast Sells Out in Astonishing X-Men #16 - October 12, 2018
- Curt Pires and Antonio Fuso Blend James Bond and The X-Files in Wyrd - October 12, 2018
- Dark Horse Goes Fishing For Dollars With Troy Nixey’s Trout Collection - October 12, 2018
- U.S. Senators Call on WWE to Reconsider Saudi Arabia Crown Jewel Event After Journalist’s Murder - October 12, 2018