One of the best games that we got a chance to play on the PAX East floor was a fun little game from publisher Blowfish Studios called Projection: First Light. The game itself is simple in concept but it makes for one of the best experiences we had all weekend. Developed by Shadowplay Studios, you control a shadow-puppet character, complete with the wire attached to the figure as if someone was acting out a play. You move the character with the left stick, while on the right you control a small ball of yellow light. You move the light into specific positions to create shadows which your character can physically move on. Som for example. if you have a table in your way, you move the light to the opposite side to create a shadow to climb up.
The game is just absolutely visually stunning and made me want to sit down and play it for hours. Sadly, we have to wait until some time in the second quarter of this year to play it on Steam, with no word yet as to whether or not it will be released on console. To us, this should be on every system, as it presents a unique gameplay experience that left us with a smile all weekend. If you get a chance to play a demo of Projection: First Light, take it!
- Survival of the Fittest Platform Stacker in Beasts of Balance
- Jumping to Survive in a World of Mazes with The King's Bird
- Playing Indiana Jones, Kinda, as we Tackle the City Of Brass
- Old-School Adventuring Refined in the Demo for Faeland
- Attempting to Make Sense Out of Primus Vita from PAX East
- Discovering a Game That Made Me Feel Feelings in Solo at PAX East
- Getting Our Mega Man Fix at PAX East with 20XX
- Fighting the Monsters Under Our Bed in Sleep Tight at PAX East
- Fortnite’s First Summer Skirmish Called Off Due to Server Lag - July 15, 2018
- Guts and Glory Receives a Console Trailer Before Next Week’s Release - July 15, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Explains the First-Person Gameplay of Cyberpunk 2077 - July 15, 2018
- No, We’re Not Getting Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe 2 or Film - July 15, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Announce Bonus XP Events - July 15, 2018