Universal Cable Productions has optioned the ongoing comic series Injection for television. The Image Comics title that was first published in 2015, comes from Warren Ellis, Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire.
Injection tells the story of a special think-tank brought together by the British government for the sole purpose of theorizing about the future of humanity. The five highly specialized individuals decide to take the process further, taking their thoughts and creating a unique artificial intelligence born from technology and shamanistic magic. They then release it into the world.
Exclusive reports form THR.com say that the property, which was created by Ellis and illustrated by Shalvey and Bellaire, would be Ellis’s next project following Netflix’s Castlevania if Injection moves to series. This is is Ellis’s latest collaboration with UCP following El Pantera, which the studio had in development. Ellis is also the creator or co-creator on Transmetropolitian, Planetary, Gun Machine, and Crooked Little Vein. He previously worked with Shalvey and Bellaire on a celebrated Moon Knight run for Marvel.
The studio has quite a few other script series currently in production including Mr. Robot, The Sinner, Unsolved, Suits, Colony, Shooter, 12 Monkeys, Channel Zero, The Magicians, Dirty John, The Royals, Umbrella Academy and Happy!.
- Arrow Season 6: 12 New Photos for Episode 20, ‘Shifting Allegiances’ - April 21, 2018
- Black Siren Leads the Way for CW/DC’s Best of the Week - April 21, 2018
- Gotham Season 4, Episode 19 Recap: To Our Deaths and Beyond - April 21, 2018
- Agents of SHIELD Season 5, Episode 18 Recap: All Roads Lead… - April 21, 2018
- STARZ Pulls the Plug on Ash vs. Evil Dead After 3 Seasons - April 20, 2018