We got a cool little surprise in the form of an RPG from Ysbryd at PAX East this past weekend that was a complete throwback for me in many ways as we got to try out a demo for YIIK: A Post-Modern RPG. This game has actually been around for a while in development as the website is still promoting it for a Wii U release, but this is the first time we’ve had a chance to play a proper build of it at a convention. Thye game is kind of a throwback to the year 1999 in a few ways as you go around dealing with conspiracy theories and adventures that have you tackling weird mysteries. The main mission we played was freeing a bunch of fish for a mermaid whose breasts had faces on them.
One of the best parts of the entire experience for us was playing around with the battle mechanics. In order to hit people, you need to his certain objects shown to you at certain times. One had us going down a katana and opening it at just the right moment for a killer slash. The other had us skipping the beat on a vinyl record at certain times so we could deal damage by throwing parts of our record collection at people like Shawn of the Dead. Probably the most hipster thing we could do at a convention. We didn’t get any concrete timeframes for when the game would be released, but it’s certainly one that will catch a lot of attention for originality.
- Attempting to Make Sense Out of Primus Vita from PAX East
- Discovering a Game That Made Me Feel Feelings in Solo at PAX East
- Getting Our Mega Man Fix at PAX East with 20XX
- Xbox Announces Their May Lineup of Games With Gold - April 21, 2018
- Fortnite Plans to Fix the Weapons Swap Equip Issue With Next Update - April 21, 2018
- The Latest Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition Trailer Focuses on Older Characters - April 21, 2018
- Darwin Project Developers Made the Game Free To Play on Steam - April 21, 2018
- Survival Horror Game Agony Finally Gets a Release Date - April 21, 2018