It’s a moment most probably thought would never come, but it looks like WWE is finally working together with one-time rivals, the promotion formerly known as TNA, Impact Wrestling. WWE Home Video UK, official licensor of WWE home video releases in the UK, has revealed on Twitter that “footage of Impact” will appear on Twist of Fate: The Best of the Hardy Boyz as part of “a special look at the “Broken Universe.”
We can exclusively reveal that WWE has worked with Impact Wrestling on Twist of Fate: Best of the Hardy Boyz. For the first time ever, a WWE DVD release will feature footage from Impact, as part of a candid look at the "Broken Universe"! Out on DVD 30th April! pic.twitter.com/ol3zxoNT0y
— WWE Home Video UK (@WWEHomeVideoUK) April 11, 2018
Matt Hardy originated his WWE “woken” character in Impact, when he was then known as “Broken” Matt Hardy. When the Hardys left Impact, they became embroiled in a legal feud over the rights which forced WWE fans to sit through a boring Hardy nostalgia run while Impact looked like dicks for a year, but eventually the two sides came to terms, and Impact even decided to allow wrestlers to use their Impact gimmicks after leaving the company from now on.
Though Impact and WWE were rivals once, Impact has largely fallen from prominence, is under new ownership, and many of WWE’s current stars spent a large portion of their careers there. Last weekend, WWE inducted TNA co-founder Jeff Jarrett into the WWE Hall of Fame, and has featured one-time owner and person with cockroach-like invulnerability, Dixie Carter, on WWE programming. And now, the two companies are working together on licensing video footage, which could mean good things for future Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, and Samoa Joe collections, amongst others.
- Mystique Poisons the Water Supply in X-Men Black First Look - September 20, 2018
- Batpenis No More? Future Printings of Batman Damned Will Be Censored - September 20, 2018
- Robert Kirkman Orders All Copies of Next Week’s Die!Die!Die! #3 Destroyed - September 20, 2018
- BOOM! Snatches Buffy Rights from Dark Horse as Licensing Wars Escalate - September 20, 2018
- Mike Wieringo, J.G. Jones, and J. Scott Campbell Draw Black Cat for Amazing Spider-Man Variants - September 20, 2018