One of the more pleasant surprises we came across at PAX East was this fun little indie title called Super Daryl Deluxe, which actually just came out this week on Steam and we’ll be reviewing in full at a later date. This game was put together by two guys who grew up as friends and entered the gaming and entertainment industries with different skills, who one day decided to marry their skills like chocolate and peanut butter and create this new platformer. The game puts you in the role of Daryl who’s school is overrun with multi-dimensional beings who are basically harshing your buzz in the middle of third period.
The game plays very much like an RPGvania type system where a lot of what you do is based on how many enemies you kill and how well you can clear out levels in order to gain new abilities and skills and clear the place out of everything causing you pain at school. As we mentioned before, the game was released yesterday as PAX served as the introduction event for it, so you can check it out now if you’d like. We had fun playing it in the demo we got to try out, but to be fair, we also died a lot because the game does have a certain level of difficulty about it. We can’t wait to review Super Daryl Deluxe for you soon!
- Getting Our Mega Man Fix at PAX East with 20XX
- Fighting the Monsters Under Our Bed in Sleep Tight at PAX East
- City Of The Shroud is a Tactical RPG With a Few New Tricks
- Falling in Cyberpunk Love With Ysbryd's VA-11 HALL-A at PAX East
- You Need Friends in Space as We Discovered in Last Encounter
- Scratching that Dark Souls Itch with Sinner from Another Indie
- This is Not the Job We Signed Up For in Yuppie Psycho
- Exploring the Construction Simulator that is Pretz'l Land
- Messing with the Seasons in Our Demo of Fox & Forests
- Dauntless will Host an Open Beta Starting May 24th