When you get told that you have a video game demo made by someone who used to work for Disney, the excitement level goes up just a bit. That’s what we heard when we got to the Sleep Tight booth at PAX East from developers We Are Fuzzy to check out this awesome twin-stick shooter. The game has a simple premise in that you’re a kid in their room with a bunch of toys that can dispatch monsters who come out at night. It’s your job to survive the night, then use the resources you gained from killing them off to buy new items for the base-building portion of the game to protect you from constantly growing hordes.
Sleep Tight is at its core simple dumb fun. There are a few things you need to get down pact in order to survive the night, and the ammo replenishment system will force you to not go all bullet-hell on the characters and actually use strategy to make it through the night. But the game offers enough of a challenge to where you don’t feel like its a walk in the park, but you also don’t feel overwhelmed. We weren’t given a firm release date, only that it would be sometime in 2018 for PC and Nintendo Switch.
- Being Absolutely Captivated with Projection: First Light at PAX East
- Old-School Adventuring Refined in the Demo for Faeland
- Attempting to Make Sense Out of Primus Vita from PAX East
- Finding the Uniqueness in Bishop Games' Light Fall at PAX East
- Falling in Cyberpunk Love With Ysbryd's VA-11 HALL-A at PAX East
- You Need Friends in Space as We Discovered in Last Encounter
- High School is a Drag in the World of Super Daryl Deluxe
- Scratching that Dark Souls Itch with Sinner from Another Indie
- What’s In The Box?!: Loot Gaming – April 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for April 24-30, 2018 - April 24, 2018
- Twitch Announces New Monetization with Bits in Extensions - April 23, 2018
- Total War Saga: Thrones of Britannia Releases New Trailer at England’s Inception - April 23, 2018
- Skydance Interactive Announces Archangel: Hellfire with New Trailer - April 23, 2018