Disney’s live action adaptation of the epic tale of Mulan just gained a force master in their cast. Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and IP Man star Donnie Yen has been revealed to be joining the film.
Yen will be playing Commander Tung, a mentor and teacher of Mulan’s, Deadline reports. This is exciting, as Yen brings his own action-directing background to the role, as well as a commanding swagger.
While we don’t know much about this live-action Mulan, we do know Yifei Liu will be playing the title role. We also know that Niki Caro (Whale Rider, We Bought A Zoo) will be directing, and that Lauren Hynek, Rick Jaffa, Elizabeth Martin and Amanda Silver have all had hands in writing the script.
The early word is that Mulan will arrive sometime in 2020, although that is subject to change.
- Disney's Live-Action Mulan Casts a Love Interest (No, He's Not Li Shang)
- WWE, Horror Vinyl Figures Coming This Summer from The Loyal Subjects
- MLB Games You Should Watch on Thursday, April 12
- Marvel Legends The Thing Will Complete the Fantastic Four Soon
- Captain America Gets His Infinity War Hot Toys Release
- Dodger Stadium Will Host the 2020 MLB All-Star Game
- Daredevil Premium Format Figure From Sideshow Up For Order Today
- Follow Along Live from the ‘Supernatural’ Hall H Panel At SDCC - July 22, 2018
- First Teaser for Season 3 of Amazon Studios’ ‘The Man In The High Castle’ - July 21, 2018
- First Look at Cosmos Season 2 Debuted During SDCC Panel - July 21, 2018
- 28 Photos from the Vikings San Diego Comic-Con Panel - July 20, 2018
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer Getting Reboot, Joss Whedon Attached - July 20, 2018