Actor and comedian T.J. Miller is not having a good year. On Monday night at LaGuardia Airport, Miller was arrested on charges of “intentionally conveying to law enforcement false information about an explosive device.” Miller allegedly called in a fake bomb threat last month from an Amtrak train, which is a federal offense in this case.
A Justice Department press release on the incident says that Miller called a 911 dispatcher in New Jersey on March 18th, reporting that he was on Amtrak Train 2256 traveling from Washington, D.C., toward Penn Station in New York City with a female passenger who had a “bomb in her bag.”
The train was stopped, evacuated, and searched by bomb squad members, who found no evidence of a device nor the woman Miller described in his call. As the release states, an investigator called Miller back, and the description originally given of the woman was changed.
It turns out that Miller wasn’t actually on Amtrak 2256 (he was on 2258, which was also searched).
DOJ reps also added that in an interview, an attendant from the first-class car where the actor had been sitting claimed that Miller appeared to be intoxicated and had been involved in “hostile exchanges with a woman who was sitting in a different row from him in the first-class car.”
Miller appeared in court this morning in Connecticut and was released on $100,000 bond.
Maybe you’ll recall the harassment and assault allegations brought forth against Miller last year, as well as the rumors surrounding his exit from HBO comedy series Silicon Valley.
There have been no comments yet from Miller’s reps, but we’ll keep you updated on this situation.
- Morgan Freeman's Lawyer Demands CNN Apologize for Sexual Harassment Article
- The Untitled Deadpool Sequel Won't Be Replacing T.J. Miller
- T.J. Miller Accused of Sexual Assault and Harassment
- Let’s Talk About ‘So You Think You Can Dance’ Season 15 Episode 11 - August 20, 2018
- Netflix’s ‘The Witcher’ Showrunner Responds to Script Leak - August 20, 2018
- Emmy Nominee Ann Dowd Talks Aunt Lydia from ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ - August 20, 2018
- Netflix Renews Emmy Nominated Series ‘GLOW’ for Season 3 - August 20, 2018
- ‘The Nightmare Before Christmas’ 25th Anniversary Blu-ray Details Revealed - August 20, 2018