Today, Niantic put the word out that the Kanto event has officially launched on Pokémon GO in the United States after details of the event started coming out in Japan and eventually made their way here with fans wondering why we weren’t in on the action yet. Below are some of the details of the event, but the short version is that from now until April 17th, you’ll see the “Kanto Region” come on on your game a little more frequently, giving you a chance at a Kanto Medal, and get double candy for creatures caught in the area.
As you encounter and catch more Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region, all actions will be rewarded with double Candy. So, not only will you be able to catch Pokémon you might not frequently see, but you may also get the chance to register their evolved forms in your Pokédex as well.
During this event, there will also be special boxes containing Raid Passes! These boxes will give you an opportunity to challenge many powerful Pokémon originally discovered in the Kanto region.
This special celebration ends on April 17, so get out there and make some more discoveries. If all goes well, you may be able to finish your first Special Research request and encounter Mew!
- From the Rumor Mill: Will We Be Getting a Pokémon Switch Announcement Soon?
- Pokémon GO Fest 2018 is Returning to Chicago
- Pikachu Has a Scrapped Evolution Called Gorochu That Sounds Terrifying
- Pokémon GO to Add Gen 4 Pokémon and Raise the Level Cap
- Pokémon GO is Setting Up to Add Regional Raid Bosses
- Dataminers Find Even More New Shiny Pokémon in Pokémon GO
- Pokemon Go is Going Green for their Earth Day 2018 Event
- Niantic Settles Pokémon GO Fest Lawsuit for $1.5 Million
- Pokémon Go is Running in 8-bit Graphics Today for an April Fool's Gag
- Pokémon GO Devs Would Like To Add In-Game Chat and Other Features
- Crusader Kings Barely Launched a Kickstarter and Already Got Funded - May 20, 2018
- Leisure Suit Larry Appears to be Getting a Game on Steam - May 20, 2018
- Fortnite Will Be Coming to Android Devices Later This Summer - May 20, 2018
- Bethesda Teases Prey DLC Even Harder With an REM Reference - May 20, 2018
- A New Trailer for INSOMNIA: The Ark Gives New Insight Into Their World - May 20, 2018