The team at Ninja Theory just delivered an amazing challenge to their fans in regards to the XboxOne version of Hellblade. The company declared on Twitter, as you can see below, that if they manage to reach certain sales goals with the game, they’ll donate proceeds toward mental health. Specifically, they’ll be donating them to Mental Health America
If we hit 50,000 week 1 sales by April 18th, we can donate $25K to Mental Health America @MentalHealthAm !
If we hit 100,000 we can donate $50K! Spread the word! We can do it!! pic.twitter.com/vPPtxHZsYz
— NinjaTheory (@NinjaTheory) April 10, 2018
As you can see, there are two tiers of goals that start on April 18th and each one will put the company in a position to donate proceeds from the game to a worthy cause. Considering the popularity of the game on PS4, this actually should be a pretty reasonable goal to hit. If you’re not aware, the developers worked closely with people who suffered from mental health disorders in order to properly represent what psychosis looks like in Hellblade. You can’t do that kind of work and not be touched by people who are living with those conditions, so to see the company make this kind of effort in return for their success is both kind and generous.
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Coming to Xbox One Next Month
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Leads BAFTA Game's Nominations
- Xbox One Will Be Getting Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
- The Biggest Last-Minute Holiday Game Sales Include Cuphead, Hollowknight, Final Fantasy, and Hellblade
- Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice Sells Half A Million Copies Faster Than Expected
- Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate Gets a Zelda Armor Crossover - July 21, 2018
- EVO 2018’s Most Popular Game at Signups is Dragon Ball FighterZ - July 21, 2018
- Voldo Finally Makes an Appearance in SoulCalibur VI’s Latest Reveal - July 21, 2018
- Ghost Recon: Wildlands’ Latest Update Includes a Rainbow Six Siege Crossover - July 20, 2018
- EA Sports Releases New “Physical” Trailer for NHL 19 - July 20, 2018