A little bit a cool news coming from the developers of Iconoclasts who announced today that MP2 Games will be porting the game over to the Nintendo Switch, and will be adding in some extra content to boot. According to the tweet below where the news was first announced, the Switch version will have a new mode not found on PC, PS4, or Vita in Boss Rush Mode.
MP2 Games is porting Iconoclasts to Nintendo Switch! The game is releasing later this year with a new Boss Rush mode, and will be playable at EGX. Congratulations to @konjak, and hope all of you will be able to play it soon!!
(sorry for all the teasing 🐣) pic.twitter.com/5DxZSfsI1J
— Mathias Kærlev (@matpow2) April 10, 2018
Much as you might suspect, Boss Rush Mode will have you playing randomized bosses from the game in a gauntlet-style match, but the finer details of what that would be like weren’t revealed. Its also being reported on a few sites that the game will allow you to change the difficulty mid-level, just in case you feel like beating a specific area on hard mode or need to get past something difficult that you keep losing to. No release date was given beyond “later this year”, our best guess would be the Fall at the earliest for a proper port.
- Iconoclasts Will Get a Limited Physical Release in January 2019
- Capcom Officially Announce Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2 for July
- Yo-Kai Watch 4 is Coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Yasuhiro Sumida's New Game 'Sally's Law' Launches on Nintendo Switch
- Firewatch is Coming to Switch this Spring
- Joakim Sandberg's 2D Platformer 'Iconoclasts' Is Coming to the PS4 and Vita