Today, Epic Games announced a brand new item that will be coming to Fortnite that will, in a sense, basically change the game for people who are in dire need of protection with the Port-a-Fort. The minute the image of the square container started making the rounds earlier today, people were wondering just exactly what it did and how it worked. Now we know, thanks to the developers who sent out this lovely tweet that includes a quick animated video showing the weapon in action.
A portable fort… it’s Port-a-Fort!
Fortify yourself in seconds, all with the flick of a wrist. Coming soon… pic.twitter.com/OsPQ2LkvkV
— Fortnite (@FortniteGame) April 10, 2018
Now while the Port-a-Fort may look impressive to watch and certainly will give you an advantage, there are a couple key things to take away from that animation. First, its some of the more flimsy materials like wood and metal that can be destroyed quicker than stone, so a couple well-placed grenades or rockets will bring the thing down. Second, it’s not impenetrable, as there’s clearly a front door on this thing, meaning people could still sneak in and climb up to kill you. So those who believe this will keep them safe are sorely mistaken. However, it does give a quick tower to anyone looking to snipe from afar, get quick damage in, or maybe build a jump pad real fast.
No date was given as to when it will be added, but like most items, we’ll probably see it in the next couple weeks.
- Check Out This Awesome Fortnite vs. PUBG Fan Film
- Epic Games Will Fix the Fortnite SMG Issues With the Next Patch
- Epic Games Thinking About Increasing Fortnite's Player Count
- Drake Will Rap About Fortnite if Epic Games Gives Him an Emote
- Streamer Summit1g Loses Fans after Streaming Fortnite with Jake Paul
- Fortnite's Latest Update Adds Vending Machines for Convenience
- Epic Games Knows About the Fortnite Shotgun Damage Bug and is Addressing It
- Fortnite is Now Available on iOS for Everyone
- Fortnite's Comet: Sign of the Apocalypse or Alien Conspiracy?
- Capcom Reveals a New Mega Man 11 Enemy with Torch Man - July 20, 2018
- Insomniac Games Releases SDCC Trailer for Marvel’s Spider-Man - July 20, 2018
- Nintendo Drops Free Breath of the Wild DLC in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - July 20, 2018
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Gets a Soundtrack from Stewart Copeland of The Police - July 20, 2018
- Treyarch Unveils Black Ops 4 Mystery Box and More Zombies Details at SDCC - July 20, 2018