While Capcom may not have been at PAX East this past weekend, it appears they were saving some of their better news for after the event, as the company dropped a new trailer today for Mega Man X Legacy Collection 1 & 2. Following along with the franchise’s 30th Anniversary, they’ll be releasing this collection on July 24th for PC, PS4, Nintendo Switch and Xbox One. Each collection has the entire X-series split into two titles, the first containing Mega Man X–X4, while X5–X8 sit on the second set. Both the digital and physical copies will come with a few new features including the X-Challenge Mode, which is basically a randomized gauntlet match against several bosses over the course of the series. You can watch more int he trailer below.
Getting a proper look at the trailer, you can see a lot of love went into cleaning up the old-school PS1 and 2 titles to make them shine on current-gen consoles, much like the company did to make all of the NES/SNES/PS1 versions look amazing in previous collections. No price point was put on the games, but we’re suspecting they’ll probably fall somewhere around the $40 range with any special edition info probably to be shown off at E3. But we’re guessing E3’s main focus will be on Mega Man 11.
- Mega Man 11 Will Be a Digital Release Only in Europe
- PlayStation Network in Singapore Gave Away Mega Man 11's Release Date
- Mega Man X and Mega Man II Cartridges to be Produced
- Scratching that Dark Souls Itch with Sinner from Another Indie
- This is Not the Job We Signed Up For in Yuppie Psycho
- Exploring the Construction Simulator that is Pretz'l Land
- Messing with the Seasons in Our Demo of Fox & Forests
- Iconoclasts Will Finally Come to Nintendo Switch with New Content
- Capcom Announce Mega Man Legacy Collection For Nintendo Switch
- Mega Man Mastermix #1 Review: Fun Homage to the Classic Franchise
- Mega Man 11 Has Been Announced, and It's Coming Late Next Year
- Capcom is Holding a Special Mega Man Livestream Next Week
- Mega Man is Getting a 30th Anniversary Stream - is Something on the Way?