Tonight we get the penultimate episode in the first season of Black Lightning. Entitled ‘The Resurrection and the Light: The Book of Pain’, tonight’s episode has Tobias Whale (Marvin ‘Krondon’ Jones III) returning to Freeland with the task of capturing Black Lightning (Cress Williams). Anissa (Nafessa Williams) and Jennifer (China Ann McClain) provide surprising aid. Now that is all pretty vague, but it looks like there is going to be a showdown between Black Lightning and Whale in the halls of Garfield High.
The video below is a clip from tonight’s episode where we see Anissa, aka Thunder, finding a classroom with Syonide (Charlbi Dean Kriek) holding a gun on some students. Once Thunder enters, Syonide sends the kids away and then opens fire, surprised to find that Thunder is bulletproof. He then tries using batons to fight her, but the break off over Thunder’s arm. She then moves to hand-to-hand to fight. All of this happens as Jennifer watches.
It’s no surprise to see Thunder in action, but Jennifer has yet to embrace her powers, and it remains to be seen how they will work other than the glimpses we’ve had of her frying cell phones and turning into lightning. But since she is basically a human battery and Jefferson can redirect energy, it would be interesting to see him pull power from her to use in a fight.
Black Lightning airs tonight at 9 p.m. ET on the CW.
- Could Racially Charged Tweets Derail Top Quarterback Prospect’s Draft Hopes? - April 26, 2018
- Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe: A Flawed but Fun Introduction to the Characters - April 26, 2018
- Exclusive Look Inside Charlie’s Angels #1 by John Layman and Joe Eisma - April 26, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Worldkillers Showdown Coming Soon - April 26, 2018
- Dynamite Announces Exclusives for Vampirella: Roses for the Dead Collectors Box - April 26, 2018