Unless you’re a hardcore PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds player and are currently waiting for a match to start as you read this article, there’s a new PUBG malware virus on the loose that you might want to be on the lookout for. It isn’t anything that affects the game, it only affects your PC in general. Kotaku is reporting that the new bug locks up your files and apps on your desktop unless you’re playing PUBG. The file is basically ransomware but unlike other forms of ransomware it isn’t targeting your money or accounts or online shopping, it’s simply forcing you to play the battle royale style game for an hour in order for anything to work.
The file shouldn’t be able to mess with you as long as you have updated firewall protection, malware detection, and virus scanners. If you’d like to know exactly how the file might try to come your way, BleepingComputer has a full prognosis for those of you into coding. Basically, just be on your toes at all times when it comes to what you’re downloading and what you choose to expose your computer to. But if you don’t care and you love playing the game, then by all means, ignore this message and get back to winning chicken dinners.
- PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds Adding a New Armored Vehicle for Event
- The Walking Dead Partner with PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds for Upcoming Tournament
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Will Be Testing Smaller Maps Soon
- PUBG Introduces Weapon Skins on Test Servers
- PUBG is Getting Fortnite-Like Events That Will Consistently Change
- PUBG's Mobile Port Spreads to the West as Beta Rolls Out to Canada
- Valve Say PUBG Is Steam's Third Largest Selling Game Ever
- Fallout 76 Will Have a Guitar Sword. Yes, We Said Guitar Sword! - September 22, 2018
- Everyone is Freaking Out About a Cut Shadow of The Tomb Raider Ending - September 22, 2018
- Square Enix Releases Gameplay Video of The Last Remnant: Remastered - September 22, 2018
- Android 17’s Official Dragon Ball FighterZ Trailer Revealed - September 22, 2018
- New Trailer Released for Nelke & the Legendary Alchemists: Ateliers of the New World - September 22, 2018