Coming out of PAX East, we learned a few new things from Yacht Club Games’ upcoming expansion for Shovel Knight called “King of Cards”, specifically that there’s a lot more to the expansion that we may have thought. Those of you who have played Final Fantasy VIII may be familiar with the new campaign being added to the game, as you will play their own version of the card game Triple Triad, calling this one Jouster and featurin enemies and prominent figures from the series. The goal of the game will be to get King Knight to a specific card on the board with a jewel on it without dying, and you mist defeat ever enemy on the board including Black Knight.
This is an addition to the expansion on top of a brand new campaign featuring the King himself, which according to the company will double the amount of content you’re getting out of the free DLC when they eventually release it. There’s still no official date from them on when it will come out, only that it will arrive in the first half of 2018. Considering there’s only two and a half months left in that time period, one would assume we’ll be hearing some kind of date information soon.
- Square Enix is Hiring More People to Work on Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Shovel Knight Fan Forges Their Own Shovel Sword On YouTube
- 'Shovel Knight' Getting Video Capture For Nintendo Switch Next Year
- Nintendo Is Giving Us More Shovel Knight Amiibo, Because We Need Them
- 'Shovel Knight: King of Cards' Set For 2018 Release On Switch
- Shovel Knight Will Be In Yooka-Laylee
- Fortnite’s First Summer Skirmish Called Off Due to Server Lag - July 15, 2018
- Guts and Glory Receives a Console Trailer Before Next Week’s Release - July 15, 2018
- CD Projekt Red Explains the First-Person Gameplay of Cyberpunk 2077 - July 15, 2018
- No, We’re Not Getting Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe 2 or Film - July 15, 2018
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds Announce Bonus XP Events - July 15, 2018