Welcome back to Bleeding Cool’s weekly review/recap of AMC‘s The Walking Dead Season 8 as we take a look at this season’s fifteenth – and penultimate – episode, ‘Worth.’
If I had to subtitle this episode, it would be How Negan Got His Groove Back because the Saviors head honcho found two distinctly different ways to deal with two distinctly different problems: Simon (Steven Ogg) and Dwight (Austin Amelio). As if he didn’t already have enough on his plate, Negan (Jeffrey Dean Morgan) also had a fake attack plan “smuggled” to Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and the Hilltop coalition to set them up for a one final, major ambush – and as he tells Michonne (Danai Gurira) after she reads Carl’s letter to him, this time there will be no mercy.
Meanwhile, Aaron (Ross Marquand) continued going the Bear Grylls route to win over Oceanside – and it appears to be working. To no one’s surprise, Eugene (Josh McDermitt) continued to make the case that he should be killed before Negan, using a little two-finger projectile vomiting to escape Daryl (Norman Reedus) and Rosita (Christian Serratos) and seemingly recommit his people to Negan’s ammo-making cause.
The Walking Dead Episode 8×15 ‘Worth’: With the threat of the Saviors still looming, Aaron continues searching for allies; Daryl and Rosita take action and confront an old friend.
Just to be clear, our “revap” (recap/review/stream of consciousness mash-up) is a “monster” all its own — and I will be covering some themes and takeaways involving major and minor plot points from the episode, so just keep that in mind. Definitely not looking for pitchforks and torches outside my apartment so spoiler warnings.
Thanks for joining us for this week’s review, and make sure to join us next week as we take a look at The Walking Dead‘s Season 8 finale, ‘Wrath’:
The Walking Dead Episode 8×16 ‘Wrath’: The communities join forces in the last stand against the Saviors as all-out war unfolds.
- John Wesley Shipp’s ’90s Flash Joins CW’s Arrowverse ‘Elseworlds’ Crossover - October 22, 2018
- Saturday Night Live: 8 Halloween Sketches (Because Christmas Sketches Would Be Silly) - October 22, 2018
- The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 3 ‘Warning Signs’ Review: Weak Morality Debate, Too Many “Rick-as-Jesus” Allegories - October 22, 2018
- The Walking Dead Season 9, Episode 3 ‘Warning Signs’ (Bring Out Your Dead! Live Blog) - October 21, 2018
- Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: Cast, Creative Talk Feminism, Identity; Tease Crossover with “Witchy Shows” - October 21, 2018