The third leg of of Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper), Tulip (Ruth Negga) and Cassidy’s (Joseph Gilgun) mission to track down God (because he/she/they/it have/has some explaining to do) just got an official start date from “The Powers That Be” – and I’m not talking Herr Starr (Pip Torrens) and The Grail. AMC is set to roll out the third season of their adaptation of Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon‘s comic book series Preacher on Sunday, June 24, at 10 p.m.; and released three official images (above and below) and a synopsis for the upcoming season:
Jesse Custer’s quest for God takes him back to the place he’s been avoiding his whole life: home. Jesse, Tulip, and Cassidy return to Angelville, the Louisiana Plantation where Jesse was raised, and find old grudges and deadly obligations await them. With the help of his friends — and a few enemies — Jesse will need to escape his past because the future of the world depends on it.
Joining Cooper, Negga, Gilgun and Torrens for Preacher‘s third season are:
● Betty Buckley (Supergirl, Split) as Gran’ma, a spiritist with true powers who can cast spells and even bring back the dead (for a price).
● Colin Cunningham (Falling Skies) as TC, a man born of the bayou and the loyal caretaker and soldier for Gran’ma.
● Jeremy Childs (Nashville) as Jody, Gran’ma’s enforcer and the only man Jesse’s never beaten in a fight.
● Liz McGeever (Star) as Christina, who has a face that lures customers in for her family business; but hates her job and dreams of a new life while suffering to protect her child.
● Jonny Coyne (Turn) as Allfather D’Aronique, a physically large, overweight, and revolting slob who might just be the most powerful man in the world.
● Adam Croasdell (Supernatural) as Eccarius is, a 350-year-old vampire who bears wisdom and has an air of aristocracy; who appears as a cliche at first, but is a much darker figure beneath the surface.
● Prema Cruz (Mozart in the Jungle) as Madame Boyd, a tough forward thinker: educated and attractive, she intends to take the family business into the modern age by any means necessary.
- Deadly Class: Syfy Orders Rick Remender, Wes Craig Image Graphic Novel to Series - April 18, 2018
- Maniac: Netflix Releases First Images from Jonah Hill, Emma Stone Mind-Bending Series - April 18, 2018
- Siren Season 1, Episode 4 ‘On The Road’ Review: There’s Something About Helen - April 18, 2018
- GLOW Season 2 Sets June Premiere Date, Goes ‘Maniac’ in New Teaser - April 18, 2018
- Stranger Things Season 3 Adds The Princess Bride’s Cary Elwes, Starship Trooper’s Jake Busey - April 18, 2018