Paige officially announced her retirement on tonight’s episode of WWE Monday Night Raw in what she said was the hardest thing she’s ever had to do. Paige suffered a neck injury in December, and it was reported in January that WWE was unlikely to clear her to return to the ring.
— WWE (@WWE) April 10, 2018
“I want to thank Daniel Bryan. He came back from a career-ending injury and wrestled his first match back at WrestleMania,” Paige said, saying that Bryan gives her hope. She also thanked Edge, who retired from a career-ending neck injury in 2011, and who spoke to her backstage tonight. Like Edge, Paige said, she would need to find something to do with her life outside WWE.
Paige said she chose New Orleans to retire because she won her first Diva’s championship there four years ago on the Raw after WrestleMania XXX.
“This will always be my house,” she finished as the crowd agreed.
- Iron Man Wants Everyone to Know That Bleeding Cool Will Rewrite Comics History on Monday #MarvelDeclassified - July 19, 2018
- FX Spotlights Legion, American Horror Story, Mayans M.C., and Archer at Comic-Con FXhibition - July 19, 2018
- Captina of Our Hearts – The John Barrowman Panel at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Hyundai Unveils Iron Man Themed Kona SUV at San Diego Comic-Con - July 19, 2018
- Christophe Bec and Stefano Raffaele’s ‘Under’ Heads to the Big Screen - July 19, 2018