Paige officially announced her retirement on tonight’s episode of WWE Monday Night Raw in what she said was the hardest thing she’s ever had to do. Paige suffered a neck injury in December, and it was reported in January that WWE was unlikely to clear her to return to the ring.
— WWE (@WWE) April 10, 2018
“I want to thank Daniel Bryan. He came back from a career-ending injury and wrestled his first match back at WrestleMania,” Paige said, saying that Bryan gives her hope. She also thanked Edge, who retired from a career-ending neck injury in 2011, and who spoke to her backstage tonight. Like Edge, Paige said, she would need to find something to do with her life outside WWE.
Paige said she chose New Orleans to retire because she won her first Diva’s championship there four years ago on the Raw after WrestleMania XXX.
“This will always be my house,” she finished as the crowd agreed.
- New Comic Publisher TKO Launches With Big Name Creators and Revolutionary Ambitions - December 10, 2018
- Barnes & Noble Gets a Retailer-Exclusive Edition of Mister Miracle - December 10, 2018
- Cyclops Goes Old School in #XMenMonday Sneak Peeks - December 10, 2018
- Another Year of Rick and Morty Presents One-Shots on the Way from Oni Press - December 10, 2018
- Best-Selling Author Gaby Dunn Makes Comics Debut with Claire Roe in Bury the Lede OGN - December 10, 2018