Paige officially announced her retirement on tonight’s episode of WWE Monday Night Raw in what she said was the hardest thing she’s ever had to do. Paige suffered a neck injury in December, and it was reported in January that WWE was unlikely to clear her to return to the ring.
— WWE (@WWE) April 10, 2018
“I want to thank Daniel Bryan. He came back from a career-ending injury and wrestled his first match back at WrestleMania,” Paige said, saying that Bryan gives her hope. She also thanked Edge, who retired from a career-ending neck injury in 2011, and who spoke to her backstage tonight. Like Edge, Paige said, she would need to find something to do with her life outside WWE.
Paige said she chose New Orleans to retire because she won her first Diva’s championship there four years ago on the Raw after WrestleMania XXX.
“This will always be my house,” she finished as the crowd agreed.
- Suicide Squad Canceled With January’s #50… Just in Time for an Azzarello Relaunch? - October 15, 2018
- Heroes in Crisis: Now Everybody at Sanctuary Has Had Their Personal Data Stolen - October 15, 2018
- The End of the Line for $2.99 on New Age of DC Heroes? Plus: The Unexpected Ends With #8 - October 15, 2018
- First Nightwing, Now Alfred Attacked in Detective Comics in January - October 15, 2018
- DC is Putting Politics in Your Batgirl Comics in January… Literally - October 15, 2018