Paige officially announced her retirement on tonight’s episode of WWE Monday Night Raw in what she said was the hardest thing she’s ever had to do. Paige suffered a neck injury in December, and it was reported in January that WWE was unlikely to clear her to return to the ring.
— WWE (@WWE) April 10, 2018
“I want to thank Daniel Bryan. He came back from a career-ending injury and wrestled his first match back at WrestleMania,” Paige said, saying that Bryan gives her hope. She also thanked Edge, who retired from a career-ending neck injury in 2011, and who spoke to her backstage tonight. Like Edge, Paige said, she would need to find something to do with her life outside WWE.
Paige said she chose New Orleans to retire because she won her first Diva’s championship there four years ago on the Raw after WrestleMania XXX.
“This will always be my house,” she finished as the crowd agreed.
- OtterBox Goes All in on Avengers: Infinity War with Marvel Phone Case Collection - April 25, 2018
- Fathom Events to Premiere Latest Fate Anime in U.S. Theaters for 2 Nights Only in June - April 25, 2018
- Goldberg Thinks Hulk Hogan Deserves a Chance to Be Given a Chance to Return to WWE - April 24, 2018
- Triple H Defends WWE’s Relationship with Saudi Arabia, Hopes Women Can Wrestle in Country in a Few Years - April 24, 2018
- Will Smith’s Genie is “a Little Bit Hitch, a Little Fresh Prince, and a Whole Lot of Attitude” - April 24, 2018