After allegations of sexual misconduct involving a minor surfanced, the 21-year-old Overwatch League player Jonathan “DreamKazper” Sanchez has been suspended from both the league and his team Boston Uprising. The suspension is indefinite at this time.
The news started to spread on Twitter this weekend after a collection of screenshots showing a conversation between Sanchez and a 14 year-old fan were shared around on social media. The screenshots came packaged with a statement from the minor who claims Sanchez took advantage of her when their friendship became more sexual in nature. Sanchez allegedly sent her explicit messages through Twitter DMs as well as sexualized encounters on FaceTime and Snapchat.
Both the Overwatch League and Boston Uprising have released statements addressing the issue, and have promptly suspended Sanchez. Essentially both the league and team have suspended Sanchez and are launching investigations into the allegations. Boston Uprising has stated that they will not comment on the story further while the investigation is underway.
Earlier today the Overwatch League was made aware of the allegations against Jonathan "DreamKazper" Sanchez. He is suspended indefinitely while the league investigates this matter.
— Overwatch League (@overwatchleague) April 8, 2018
Statement from the Boston Uprising: pic.twitter.com/N06NmoDgfI
— Boston Uprising (@BostonUprising) April 8, 2018
The Overwatch League has given a number of other recent suspensions, including Dallas Fuel player, Felix “xQc” Lengyel, who was suspended for making derogatory comments about other players.
Sanchez has not released a statement or comment on the allegations as of this time. We’ll update you on this story as it develops.
- Looking Over the Overwatch League Skins for the All-Access Pass
- Twitch Will Be Doing New Things to Enhance Overwatch League's Viewing Experience
- How Fortnite Eclipsed PUBG as the Biggest Gaming Phenomenon - April 19, 2018
- Realtalk: Where’s Our God of War Review? - April 19, 2018
- Blockchain Gaming, while the Current Fad, is Fated for Failure - April 19, 2018
- The CWL Pro League Stage One Finals Start Tomorrow - April 19, 2018
- Juggler Games’ My Memory of Us is Subtly Depressing - April 18, 2018