Think of it as a crossover of crossovers. Dark Horse announced today that they will release a collection of all of Stan Sakai‘s crossovers between Usagi Yojimbo and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. And they really mean all of them!
A press release reveals the finer details:
Throughout the last three decades, comics master Stan Sakai has penned many crossover stories full of action-packed adventures between his creation, Usagi Yojimbo, and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Now, Dark Horse is thrilled to bring fans the complete collection of every Usagi Yojimbo/TMNT crossover ever produced! The rabbit ronin, Miyamoto Usagi, and the Turtles have a long-standing history of teaming up to fight evil both on the comics pages and on screen as Usagi has appeared in every animated television series incarnation of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cartoon, including last summer’s three-episode arc on Nickelodeon’s fifth season, titled Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
Usagi Yojimbo/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Collection TPB collects every existing Usagi Yojimbo/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles crossover comic including “Turtle Soup and Rabbit Stew,” “The Crossing,” “The Treaty,” “Shades of Green,” and the recent full-color tale “Namazu.” Loaded with bonus material from Stan Sakai’s studio, this volume is the essential companion to every Usagi Yojimbo and TMNT fans’ collection!
Usagi Yojimbo/Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Complete Collection will be on sale on September 26th, though you can preorder it now. Retail prices is $17.99, which seems like a steal to us.
- Jean Grey Gets Weird With Nightcrawler in X-Men Red #9 Preview - October 19, 2018
- Would Thor Make a Good Loki? A Preview of What If? Thor #1 - October 19, 2018
- Improbable Previews: An HR Violation for the Mutant Liberation Front in Uncanny X-Men #1 - October 19, 2018
- Does Logan Make a Promise He Can’t Keep in Return of Wolverine #2? (Preview) - October 19, 2018
- Skottie Young Plays the High-Stakes Game of Footsie with Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant - October 19, 2018