This comes as a bit of a surprise after the recent Arrow episode, ‘The Thanatos Guild’. Colton Haynes, who recently reprised his role as Roy Harper, will be returning next season as a series regular. Haynes was a regular on the series for the first three seasons and made a couple return appearances, but when his character came back for episodes 15 and 16, they ended with him leaving again with Thea Queen (Willa Holland) and Nyssa al Ghul (Katrina Law) to go and find three Lazarus Pits and destroy them. What could pull him back to Star City again and without Thea?
The executive producers said in a statement:
We’re very fortunate and excited to welcome back Colton to Arrow. While we’ve always enjoyed Colton’s returns to the show, we couldn’t be more thrilled to have him return as a proper series regular — and we’re very excited about all the creative opportunities Roy Harper’s return affords us.
I could not be happier to return to my role as Roy Harper alongside my Arrow family.
Haynes has been very busy since he left Arrow at the end of the third season, having appeared on Scream Queens, The Grinder, American Horror Story: Cult and a return to Teen Wolf, the series he starred on prior to Arrow.
Arrow airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET on the CW.
- Could Racially Charged Tweets Derail Top Quarterback Prospect’s Draft Hopes? - April 26, 2018
- Ninjak vs. the Valiant Universe: A Flawed but Fun Introduction to the Characters - April 26, 2018
- Exclusive Look Inside Charlie’s Angels #1 by John Layman and Joe Eisma - April 26, 2018
- Supergirl Season 3: Worldkillers Showdown Coming Soon - April 26, 2018
- Dynamite Announces Exclusives for Vampirella: Roses for the Dead Collectors Box - April 26, 2018