Another DC Extended Universe property that was seemingly in trouble has taken a step forward. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Christina Hodson has been brought on to write the Batgirl movie.
Two months ago, writer/director Joss Whedon stepped away from the project because he was “unable to come up with an idea.” Fans have been wondering if the project was going to happen at all since Whedon stepped away, but it looks like Warner Bros. and DC are moving ahead with it.
Hodson also wrote the upcoming Transformers spinoff movie Bumblebee.
Hodson wrote the 2017 Warners thriller Unforgettable, which starred Rosario Dawson and Katherine Heigl, and has been a player in a couple of writers rooms, Transformers (which led to her nabbing the Bumblebee gig) and Ology, the franchise Paramount is developing based on the YA fictional encyclopedias from Templar Publishing.
Whedon was brought on in 2017, and while some were excited, there were others that criticized the decision. The derision got louder when allegations came to light that Whedon had cheated on his wife and maybe wasn’t as feminist as everyone thought. He also didn’t walk away from Justice League unscathed, with a portion of fans demanding that all of his work from the movie be cut in lieu of the infamous Zack Snyder Cut.
There hasn’t been any indication as to who will direct a Batgirl movie or when we could expect a release date.
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Tuesday, April 10
- Joe Russo Gave Tom Holland a Fake Avengers: Infinity War Script - April 19, 2018
- Colin Trevorrow Says Jurassic World 3 Will Be a “Science Thriller” like Jurassic Park - April 18, 2018
- Brad Bird Explains Why There Is No Time Jump in Incredibles 2 - April 18, 2018
- Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom – The New Direction While Remaining True to the Universe - April 18, 2018
- Avengers: Infinity War – Shuri is More “Tech-Savvy” Than Iron Man - April 18, 2018