In a bit of a metal throwback to Dragon Ball Z for me, EarthNight is a game being shown off on the PAX East floor this past weekend that has you chasing the dragon… literally. Cleaversoft brought in this unique kind of platformer where the Earth is being surrounded by dragons, and it’s up to you to help rid the skies of them before they destroy us.
You choose one of two specific characters in the demo to zoom down from a spaceship and land on the back of a dragon of your choosing. You then run down the length of their body, destroying enemies on their backs as well as collecting special items to use against the dragon. The end of every level is a timed event where you attack the dragon’s head in an attempt to bring them down. If you fail, you’re simply kicked off and forced to try again.
The game has some great fluidity to it, but there are a few kinks they need to work out in the process. We didn’t get an official release window at the event, but it’s set to be a PS4 release first with PC and Vita to follow.
- Dragon Ball FighterZ Shows Off Fused Zamasu in New Trailer
- Final Fantasy XV Announces Comrades Standalone and Shadow of the Tomb Raider Collaboration
- Final Fantasy XV Windows Edition Will Get a Level Editor
- Square Enix Announces 4 More DLC Episodes for Final Fantasy XV
- State of Decay 2 Gets A New Video Showing Off Zombie Fun
- Taking Away Green Arrow's Bow And Arrows - Event Director Mike Armstrong Talks About Putting on C2E2
- Treyarch Teases Next DLC Zombie Map for Black Ops 4 - October 16, 2018
- Check Out the Latest Video Game Releases for October 16-22, 2018 - October 16, 2018
- Fortnite YouTuber Gets Sued By Epic Games for Selling Cheats - October 15, 2018
- UK’s National Videogame Museum Opens Permanently in November - October 15, 2018
- Six Foot Officially Releases Dreadnought on Steam - October 15, 2018