Spider-Man is getting an upgrade in Avengers: Infinity War. It appears to be a version of the Iron Spider armor, and Tom Holland was recently on The Graham Norton Show to talk about the new suit.
“Essentially, in this film, I have a new suit, which Tony Stark gave me,” Holland explained. “Its an upgrade, and it’s too fantastical to exist in real life.”
The Spider-Man suit might be cool-looking, but this particular version was brought to life via motion capture. When asked if the suit was metal, Holland replied:
“I don’t know, Graham, I don’t know.
The reason why Holland doesn’t know is because he was in a motion capture suit — which made him feel a little silly standing next to his fellow Avengers.
“Essentially I have to wear pajamas,” he said. “I wear these pajamas with balls on them that light up. It’s super cool. It’s not. I’m on set with the Avengers who are wearing costumes that cost hundreds of thousands of dollars, made by the best seamstresses you can imagine, and I’m there in a suit made by Marks and Spencer.”
When you’re in a position like Holland or Mark Ruffalo where the entire suit is made up of CGI, it can make you feel a little ridiculous. That being said, the new suit is awesome-looking.
Summary: As the Avengers and their allies have continued to protect the world from threats too large for any one hero to handle, a new danger has emerged from the cosmic shadows: Thanos. A despot of intergalactic infamy, his goal is to collect all six Infinity Stones, artifacts of unimaginable power, and use them to inflict his twisted will on all of reality. Everything the Avengers have fought for has led up to this moment – the fate of Earth and existence itself has never been more uncertain.
Avengers: Infinity War, directed by Anthony and Joe Russo, stars Robert Downey Jr., Josh Brolin, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Chris Evans, Chris Hemsworth, Jeremy Renner, Chris Pratt, Elizabeth Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Benedict Cumberbatch, Paul Bettany, Chadwick Boseman, Benedict Wong, Zoe Saldana, Karen Gillan, Vin Diesel, Dave Bautista, Pom Klementieff, Scarlett Johansson, Don Cheadle, Tom Holland, Bradley Cooper, Sean Gunn, and Anthony Mackie. It will be released on April 27th.
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Monday, April 9
- Wrestlemania 34 Was Great, Until It Wasn't Anymore
- WrestleMania 34: Bleeding Cool's Official Predictions
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Sunday, April 8
- First Look at Eiza Gonzalez in Hobbs and Shaw - December 18, 2018
- Todd Phillips Confirms That the Joker Movie Has Wrapped Production - December 18, 2018
- Sherlock Holmes Adaptation ‘Elementary’ to End After 7 Seasons - December 17, 2018
- Utah Film Critics Association Votes Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse the Best Picture of 2018 - December 17, 2018
- [SPOILERS] Phil Lord and Chris Miller Talk That Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Post-Credits Scene - December 17, 2018