“Where will you be when it all ends?” asks the new Avengers: Infinity War TV spot entitled ‘Chant’.
The name comes, presumably, from the scene on the fields of Wakanda where an unmasked T’Challa (Chadwick Boseman) lets out a war cry in Wakandan echoed by the armies of the mythical nation. In the background you can see the likes of M’Baku (Winston Duke) and Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr.) in his massive Hulkbuster armor.
“Dread it. Run from it. The end is near,” says Josh Brolin‘s Thanos, changing the phrase from what we heard in the first trailer.
Captain America (Chris Evans) is shown in his reunion with Bucky Barnes, the Winter Soldier (Sebastian Stan), and asks Buck how he’s doing. Bucky says, “Not bad for the end of the world,” with a grin.
The comic also shows the regular shots of Scarlett Johansson‘s Black Widow, Benedict Cumberbatch‘s Doctor Strange, Mark Ruffalo‘s Hulk, Tom Holland‘s Spider-Man with his Spider-Sense going crazy, Chris Hemsworth‘s Thor, Anthony Mackie‘s Falcon, and other members of the mammoth cast of superheroes.
The ending of the trailer has Okoye (Danai Gurira) telling T’Challa that this wasn’t what she had imagined when the king opened Wakanda to the world. T’Challa asks what she did imagine. Okoye answers, “The Olympics, maybe even a Starbucks.”
Obviously, Wakanda was put at the forefront of this trailer, appropriate considering Black Panther is breaking records like the concept itself is an Olympic sport. Regardless, much of this movie looks like it already took place in Wakanda like Jonathan Hickman‘s Infinity, which this film seems to be heavily based upon.
We’ll see how the film turns out this April 27th when it opens worldwide. Marvel Studios and Joe and Anthony Russo are behind this third installment to the Avengers franchise. Where will you be? My nerdy self will likely be at the Thursday night release.
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Monday, April 9
- Wrestlemania 34 Was Great, Until It Wasn't Anymore
- WrestleMania 34: Bleeding Cool's Official Predictions
- MLB Games That You Should Watch on Sunday, April 8
- Hunt for Wolverine: Claws of a Killer #3 Review – Not Enough Claws or Killer - July 20, 2018
- Batman #51 Review: Bruce Wayne on Jury Duty - July 20, 2018
- We Went to The Good Place at SDCC – But Was It Really? - July 19, 2018
- The World’s Best Comics: Statix Press at SDCC 2018 - July 19, 2018
- Clone Wars 10th Anniversary Panel: Celebrating Star Wars Animation at SDCC - July 19, 2018