The numbers are down from May’s record thirteen covers.
Every month, Marvel offers retailers the chance to commission exclusive covers for certain titles — as long as they order thousands of copies. It’s an effective, if expensive way for both parties to a) get some promotion and create collectibles for the market, and b) up their orders. Begun by Dreamwave back in the day, it was popularised by IDW and now Marvel Comics does it more than anyone else with anywhere between five and 10 titles a month.
The numbers are down from May’s record thirteen covers but they will allowing retailers to commission exclusive covers for the following ten titles.
- Tony Stark: Iron Man #1, (Order By 5/4)
- Ant-Man & The Wasp #1 (Order By 4/27)
- Deadpool #1 (Order By 4/27)
- Doctor Strange #1 (Order By 4/27)
- Immortal Hulk #1 (Order By 4/27)
- Deadpool: Assassin #1 (Order By 5/4)
- Thor #1 (Order By 5/4)
- Amazing Spider-Man #801 (Order By 5/11)
- Multiple Man #1 (Order By 5/18)
- Sentry #1 (Order By 5/18)
Given recent performance of other retailer exclusive covers, Amazing Spider-Man #801 seems like it may be the most attractive. It will also be Dan Slott‘s final issue of his ten year run on the book, so we can probably expect… stuff.
- After Chelsea Cain and Chuck Wendig – Will Comic Creators Unionize? - October 18, 2018
- The Daily LITG – 18th October 2018 - October 18, 2018
- Titan Scorch Earth on Diablo Comic Book Listings - October 17, 2018
- DC Comics Cancels All Orders for Sandman: Overture Gallery Edition – For Now - October 17, 2018
- Tibalt Appears on Magic The Gathering: Chandra #3, Fandom Goes Wild - October 17, 2018