The numbers are down from May’s record thirteen covers.
Every month, Marvel offers retailers the chance to commission exclusive covers for certain titles — as long as they order thousands of copies. It’s an effective, if expensive way for both parties to a) get some promotion and create collectibles for the market, and b) up their orders. Begun by Dreamwave back in the day, it was popularised by IDW and now Marvel Comics does it more than anyone else with anywhere between five and 10 titles a month.
The numbers are down from May’s record thirteen covers but they will allowing retailers to commission exclusive covers for the following ten titles.
- Tony Stark: Iron Man #1, (Order By 5/4)
- Ant-Man & The Wasp #1 (Order By 4/27)
- Deadpool #1 (Order By 4/27)
- Doctor Strange #1 (Order By 4/27)
- Immortal Hulk #1 (Order By 4/27)
- Deadpool: Assassin #1 (Order By 5/4)
- Thor #1 (Order By 5/4)
- Amazing Spider-Man #801 (Order By 5/11)
- Multiple Man #1 (Order By 5/18)
- Sentry #1 (Order By 5/18)
Given recent performance of other retailer exclusive covers, Amazing Spider-Man #801 seems like it may be the most attractive. It will also be Dan Slott‘s final issue of his ten year run on the book, so we can probably expect… stuff.
- The Journey of Jane Foster to Valhalla (The Mighty Thor #706) - April 24, 2018
- Further Universal FanCon Fallout… Refunds and Apologies? - April 24, 2018
- Gerard Way and Nick Derington’s Doom Patrol #11 Out This Week Honest – A Ball That Has Not Been Forgotten - April 24, 2018
- Everybody Dies and Azrael Gets a Clone Saga – The Future of Gotham in Tomorrow’s Detective Comics #979 - April 24, 2018
- What If Your Comic Was Turned Into a TV Show and No One Told You? Adi Granov and Metal Hurlant… - April 24, 2018