Game Achievements are great — they award you a critical shot of dopamine for doing things in a game (let’s be honest: your number of platinum trophies and gamerscore don’t matter, it’s the high of reading that “unlocked” notification that really does it for you). And now Amazon is trying to monetize gamers’ achievement addictions by launching a month-long rewards celebration called Challenges.
The event rewards players for achievements in a variety of apps and games, including Family Farm Seaside, Survival Arena, Caesars Slots, Seekers Notes, and Sweet Road. Starting today through April 29th, Amazon Appstore customers will get to pick from a variety of unique mobile challenges ranging from finding in-game Easter eggs, to reaching a certain level, or making an in-app purchase. With each completed challenge, customers will earn in-app or real-world rewards. Challenges are being run by the Amazon Appstore and developers, including FunPlus, Playtika, Mytona, CookApps and others.
Because a great way to cash in on gamers’ obsessive need for achievements is to tack a price tag onto it.
Customers will also be able to earn additional rewards by completing a six-piece puzzle made up of pieces provided by Amazon upon completion of specific Challenges. Those who complete their puzzle can earn a variety of rewards, ranging from $1,000 in Amazon.com promotional credit to $50 towards Amazon devices like Echo Dots or Fire Tablets.
You can check out the puzzle directions, terms and conditions, progress and schedule and more here.
- Why Post Malone Streaming Blackout Won’t Increase Call of Duty’s Popularity - October 19, 2018
- Marvel Battle Lines Will Not Include the Liefeld Captain America Cover - October 19, 2018
- Final Fantasy XIV Gets Spooky with the All Saint’s Wake Event - October 18, 2018
- Here is Everything You Need to Know About Battletech: Flashpoint - October 18, 2018
- Dauntless Reveals its New Riftstalker Behemoth and Dark Harvest Event - October 18, 2018