Game Achievements are great — they award you a critical shot of dopamine for doing things in a game (let’s be honest: your number of platinum trophies and gamerscore don’t matter, it’s the high of reading that “unlocked” notification that really does it for you). And now Amazon is trying to monetize gamers’ achievement addictions by launching a month-long rewards celebration called Challenges.
The event rewards players for achievements in a variety of apps and games, including Family Farm Seaside, Survival Arena, Caesars Slots, Seekers Notes, and Sweet Road. Starting today through April 29th, Amazon Appstore customers will get to pick from a variety of unique mobile challenges ranging from finding in-game Easter eggs, to reaching a certain level, or making an in-app purchase. With each completed challenge, customers will earn in-app or real-world rewards. Challenges are being run by the Amazon Appstore and developers, including FunPlus, Playtika, Mytona, CookApps and others.
Because a great way to cash in on gamers’ obsessive need for achievements is to tack a price tag onto it.
Customers will also be able to earn additional rewards by completing a six-piece puzzle made up of pieces provided by Amazon upon completion of specific Challenges. Those who complete their puzzle can earn a variety of rewards, ranging from $1,000 in Amazon.com promotional credit to $50 towards Amazon devices like Echo Dots or Fire Tablets.
You can check out the puzzle directions, terms and conditions, progress and schedule and more here.
- BAFTA Announces the 14th Annual Game Awards Winners
- Funko is Releasing a Line of Fortnite Collectibles Soon - July 18, 2018
- Epic Games Has Earned $1 Billion in Fortnite in-Game Purchases - July 18, 2018
- 505 Games Debuted an Animated Teaser for ‘Indivisible’ at Anime Expo - July 9, 2018
- The Halo Championship and Gears Pro Circuit are Teaming Up This Weekend - July 9, 2018
- Electronic Arts Acquires Indie Dev Studio Industrial Toys - July 9, 2018