Marvel dropped some news on its plans for canceling and quickly rebooting Deadpool at the Marvel Next Big Thing panel at C2E2. It seems Marvel is developing frightening new weaponized variant technology following yesterday’s kerfluffle over incentive variants at the Retailer Summit. Ukulele-fondling Marvel editor Jordan White, who appeared sans fedora, revealed that Despicable Deadpool #300, the finale of the recently-renumbered Marvel Legacy series, will feature a variant cover by Scott Koblish that contains not 100, not 200, but 300 different versions of Deadpool. Of course, it would be irresponsible to brandish such a device in a crowded room, so the variant was not shown to the audience.
After Despicable Deadpool #300, Deadpool is being rebooted with a new number one issue (to go alongside its legacy number on the cover) and with a new creative team: Skottie Young, Scott Hepburn, and Nick Klein. More big new on that front: the series will feature Negasonic Teenage Warhead, a character named after one of the hits of a two-hit-wonder ’90s butt metal band from Red Bank, New Jersey (the other hit was Space Lord Mutha Mutha), and of course revitalized by Brianna Hildebrand in the 2016 Deadpool movie.
Variant covers and movie synergy? Marvel Editor-in-Chief C.B. Cebulski is sure have a very pleasant conversation with Marvel Vice President of Sales David Gabriel after announcements like these today!
Deadpool #1 hits stores June 6.
(W) Skottie Young (A) Scott Hepburn (A/CA) Nic Klein
MERCIN’ FOR A LIVING!
Skottie Young and Nic Klein bring you the craziest tales of the Regeneratin’ Degenerate yet! It’s been a while since Deadpool’s had to merc to make ends meet, but things are tough all over. While Deadpool tries to get his humble mercenary-for-hire business back off the ground, a catastrophic threat so unfathomably huge, so mind-breakingly cataclysmic it defies description, is heading toward Earth, and there’s only ONE PERSON WHO CAN STOP IT!!!
Oh no, wait…it’s not Wade, is it? Oh, %$@#. It’s Wade.
Parental Advisory In Shops: Jun 06, 2018
Bleeding Cool ace reporter Robert Goode is on the ground at C2E2, and we’ll have a full panel report from him shortly, so stick around!
- ComiXology Debuts 2nd Wave of Originals from Humphries, Firmansyah, Seeley, Norton, Kearney, Nicholson, Visaggio, Vaughn, Sable, Donaldson, Trotman, Reed, Doolin, McDonald, and Crook - July 18, 2018
- Oni to Publish New Scott Pilgrim Collections for 15th Anniversary - July 18, 2018
- Dark Horse Announces New Comic Based on Tom Clancy’s The Division, Plus a Coffee Table Book - July 18, 2018
- Did Marvel Just Tease the Return of Uncanny X-Men? - July 18, 2018
- Titan Offers First Look at V.E. Schwab’s Shades of Magic: The Steel Prince Prequel Comic - July 18, 2018