ESL UK and Riot Games have partnered to present the ESL Premiership League of Legends finals, with sponsors Intel and Currys PC World. The championship finals will take place in Leicester on April 7th and 8th. As the most prestigious League of Legends competition in the UK, this season’s final features the ESL Premiership’s largest ever prize pool of £13,500 GBP.
The fours teams competing in the finals are Misfits Academy, Enclave Gaming, Wind and Rain, and exceL Esports. The teams will battle it out on Saturdya, with the final two competing in the Grand Finals on Sunday. Teams will compete for their share of the prize pool and a slot in the European Masters. The competition will take place at ESL UK’s Studio 1 in Leicester and will be broadcast live by ESL UK. The event is open to the press only, unfortunately. No specators.
“We love League of Legends and we cannot wait for the finals of this season’s ESL Premiership,” said James Dean, UK managing director at ESL. “League of Legends has been part of ESL Premiership since it began three years ago, and we’ve seen incredible growth in the UK community since then. In fact, many of the UK’s fantastic talent go through ESL Premiership to enter the League of Legends Championship Series! We’re proud to support our UK talent and are looking forward to another epic final this weekend.”
In 2018, the ESL Premiership is being played across four games: CS:GO, League of Legends, Hearthstone and Rainbow Six Siege on Xbox One. As well as supporting the UK’s grassroots esports scene, the ESL Premiership also provides UK players the opportunity to turn professional through the path-to-pro.
- Riot Games' Twitch Channel Hits One Billion Views
- Lenovo Legion and Ubisoft Partner Up for Rainbow Six Siege Sponsorship
- Grand Theft Auto Online is Buffing Gunrunning This Week - October 16, 2018
- EA DICE Reveals New Info on Battlefield V’s War Stories - October 16, 2018
- Destiny 2’s Festival of the Lost Event Starts Tomorrow - October 15, 2018
- Hearthstone Confirms Balance Changes Rolling Out This Week - October 15, 2018
- Poznan Game Arena 2018 Reports a New Attendee Record - October 15, 2018