When it comes to a comedy, the plot is really secondary — the important thing are the jokes and situations that the characters are put into. That means you need a good writer, and without one a comedy can’t live on the delivery of its cast alone. Blockers had a lot of writing credits, but one of them is Evan Goldberg. Goldberg, along with writing partner Seth Rogen, injects a certain unique sense of humor into his projects. Goldberg and Blockers producer James Weaver spoke to us from the red carpet premiere at South by Southwest (SXSW) 2018.
The big challenge for this movie was finding the director, which was Kay Cannon. Until we found her the movie just wasn’t right. We couldn’t figure it out, and then eventually we realized that we’re 10 guys and there’s no women involved, and maybe that’s what was wrong.
For more from Goldberg and Weaver, check out our full interview below. You can also check out our review over here.
Summary: Three parents try to stop their daughters from having sex on prom night.
Blockers, directed by Kay Cannon, stars Leslie Mann, John Cena, Ike Barinholtz, Kathryn Newton, Geraldine Viswanathan, and Gideon Adlon. It will be released on April 6th.
- Spider-Man: Far From Home Wraps as Tom Holland Shares Some Images - October 17, 2018
- Daredevil Season 3: New Poster Teases Matt Murdock’s Internal Conflict - October 17, 2018
- The Nutcracker and the Four Realms: 5 TV Spots and 2 Featurettes - October 16, 2018
- Lionsgate Releases the Final Poster for Robin Hood - October 16, 2018
- New Featurette for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald Teases Why Everyone is in Paris - October 16, 2018