When it comes to a comedy, the plot is really secondary — the important thing are the jokes and situations that the characters are put into. That means you need a good writer, and without one a comedy can’t live on the delivery of its cast alone. Blockers had a lot of writing credits, but one of them is Evan Goldberg. Goldberg, along with writing partner Seth Rogen, injects a certain unique sense of humor into his projects. Goldberg and Blockers producer James Weaver spoke to us from the red carpet premiere at South by Southwest (SXSW) 2018.
The big challenge for this movie was finding the director, which was Kay Cannon. Until we found her the movie just wasn’t right. We couldn’t figure it out, and then eventually we realized that we’re 10 guys and there’s no women involved, and maybe that’s what was wrong.
For more from Goldberg and Weaver, check out our full interview below. You can also check out our review over here.
Summary: Three parents try to stop their daughters from having sex on prom night.
Blockers, directed by Kay Cannon, stars Leslie Mann, John Cena, Ike Barinholtz, Kathryn Newton, Geraldine Viswanathan, and Gideon Adlon. It will be released on April 6th.
- Marvel Producer Calls the Post-Avengers 4 Stories “Refreshing” and “Surprising” - May 20, 2018
- Deadpool 2 Writers Talk Vanessa and a Possible Deadpool 3 [Spoilers] - May 20, 2018
- New Solo: A Star Wars Story TV Spot Teases New Footage - May 20, 2018
- Deadpool 2 Takes the Top Spot at the Box Office with a $125M Opening - May 20, 2018
- The Scenes Shot Just for the Deadpool 2 Trailers [Spoilers] - May 20, 2018