The CW really likes Kristin Kreuk. The Canada-born actress spent eight seasons on Smallville and then four seasons on Beauty and the Beast, so it should be no surprise that the network is bringing her back this summer. The CW has acquired the legal drama Burden of Truth, a 10-episode series that currently airs on Canadian network CBC. CBC gave the project a straight-to-series order a year ago.
Kreuk, who is also an executive producer, plays a big-city lawyer who returns home to take on what she believes is a simple case. What she discovers is that she is standing up for a group of sick girls suffering from a mysterious illness, trying to get them justice. Also in the cast are Peter Mooney (Rookie Blue), Alex Carter (NCIS), Benjamin Ayres (Saving Hope), Nicola Correia-Damude (Shadowhunters), Meegwun Fairbrother (Hemlock Grove), and newcomer Star Slade.
Besides her time as Lana Lang on Smallville and Catherine Chandler on Beauty and the Beast, Kreuk has also appeared on TV series Edgemont, Earthsea and Chuck, been part of a Ben Hur TV miniseries, and was in the film Eurotrip.
Burden of Truth will debut this summer on The CW.
- Blockers Review: More Heart Than You Would Think, Still Very Raunchy
- Conor McGregor Loses It at UFC 223 Press Conference, in Police Custody
- Flash Season 4: Season Finale Will Bring Answers to Lingering Questions - April 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: A New Clue for the Season Finale - April 25, 2018
- 14 New Photos from Supergirl Season 3, Episode 17, ‘Trinity’ - April 25, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: New Poster and 15 Photos for ‘Therefore She Is’ - April 25, 2018
- Arrow Season 6: Inside the Episode ‘Shifting Allegiances’ - April 25, 2018