The CW really likes Kristin Kreuk. The Canada-born actress spent eight seasons on Smallville and then four seasons on Beauty and the Beast, so it should be no surprise that the network is bringing her back this summer. The CW has acquired the legal drama Burden of Truth, a 10-episode series that currently airs on Canadian network CBC. CBC gave the project a straight-to-series order a year ago.
Kreuk, who is also an executive producer, plays a big-city lawyer who returns home to take on what she believes is a simple case. What she discovers is that she is standing up for a group of sick girls suffering from a mysterious illness, trying to get them justice. Also in the cast are Peter Mooney (Rookie Blue), Alex Carter (NCIS), Benjamin Ayres (Saving Hope), Nicola Correia-Damude (Shadowhunters), Meegwun Fairbrother (Hemlock Grove), and newcomer Star Slade.
Besides her time as Lana Lang on Smallville and Catherine Chandler on Beauty and the Beast, Kreuk has also appeared on TV series Edgemont, Earthsea and Chuck, been part of a Ben Hur TV miniseries, and was in the film Eurotrip.
Burden of Truth will debut this summer on The CW.
- Blockers Review: More Heart Than You Would Think, Still Very Raunchy
- Conor McGregor Loses It at UFC 223 Press Conference, in Police Custody
- 5 Things We Want to See in Krypton Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Gotham Season 5, the Final Season - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Black Lightning Season 2 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in DC’s Legends of Tomorrow Season 4 - June 30, 2018
- 5 Things We Want to See in Supergirl Season 4 - June 30, 2018