We’re learning a little more about the upcoming second season of Marvel’s Luke Cage, and now we have a photo of Luke (Mike Colter) and his Defenders teammate Danny Rand (Finn Jones). It doesn’t seem that we’re going to be getting the classic Power Man and Iron Fist “Heroes for Hire” team-up, but it’s a start. Rand will be showing up briefly in the new season, according to Empire, to help train Luke in ways of focusing his chi and using his powers in new ways… both offensively and defensively.
Luke first appeared in Marvel’s Jessica Jones season 1 before the first season of his own series, and then appeared in Marvel’s Defenders where he reunited with Jessica (Krysten Ritter) and met Danny and Matt Murdock (Charlie Cox) for the first time.
The other things we know about the new season is that Luke is a free man and openly protecting the streets of Harlem and continuing his relationship with Claire Temple (Rosario Dawson). Misty Knight (Simone Missick) will be back and looking even closer to her comic book counterpart as she is sporting a cybernetic arm. There will be a new female crime boss in the area as Rosalie Carbone (Annabella Sciorra) makes a play for power that could put her in conflict with Mariah Dillard (Alfrie Woodard). And of course we know that Mustafa Shakir will play John McIver, aka Bushmaster, and Gabrielle Dennis will play Tabitha Johnson, aka Nightshade.
Marvel’s Luke Cage season 2 will be available starting June 22nd on Netflix.
- Arrow Season 6: Ricardo Diaz Makes His Play to Join the Quadrant - April 19, 2018
- Legends of Tomorrow Season 4: You Can Expect Fighting and Betrayals - April 19, 2018
- Bear Walker Crafts a ‘Lost in Space’-Inspired Skateboard - April 19, 2018
- ‘Taken’ Has Been Taken Off the Schedule by NBC - April 19, 2018
- The Flash Season 4: The Team Gets Help from Citizen Cold and [SPOILER] - April 19, 2018