About a month ago, Ubisoft released a live-action short film on Amazon Prime to promote Far Cry 5, and that video has finally made its way over to YouTube for all Far Cry fans to enjoy.
The video tells the story of three vloggers who venture in Far Cry 5‘s Hope County and encounter the game’s fictional Eden’s Gate cult. You know, the god-and-guns cult that makes up the primary antagonists of Ubisoft’s latest go at the series.
Now that Ubisoft has made the 30-minute movie available on YouTube, you no longer need a subscription to view it. And it is absolutely worth watching, even if you aren’t playing the game, because the political background of this Far Cry is impossible to ignore. The game is something of a small microcosm of America right now: confused, angry, but trying futilely to be better. Sure, plenty of players will ignore that aspect — but honestly, games don’t exist in a vacuum.
If you are playing Far Cry 5 and want little more background on Joseph Seed, its also a great watch.
You can check it out below.
- Blockers Review: More Heart Than You Would Think, Still Very Raunchy
- New Era and Lids Announce 59FIFTY Blackout Collection
- Black Panther Gets a New Statue from Kotobukiya
- Avengers: Infinity War Gets an IMAX Poster, Still No Hawkeye
- MediaMation and Hollywood Esports Expanding with a Chicago Arena - April 24, 2018
- Realtalk: Is Social Media the Worst Thing to Happen to Esports? - April 24, 2018
- Pandora is Partnering with Xbox One to Offer a Pandora Console Edition - April 24, 2018
- Review: Detective Pikachu’s Plot is Its Only Saving Grace - April 23, 2018
- ArcheAge Creator Jake Song Discusses His Future with the Game - April 23, 2018