I visit Disney World a lot. I’ve stayed at a number of the resorts, and I’ve been in the situation where my Magic Band doesn’t work on said hotel rooms. You’re probably wondering what in the bloody hell I’m talking about, so let me explain: Your Magic Band is the most important thing for your trip to Disney. The band stores your park tickets, Fast Passes, credit card info (should you want it on there), and your room key. You simply press the band against the Mickey head on your door and it opens. Sometimes. I’ve been locked out of my room before. However, Disney World is testing a new way of getting into your hotel room.
Coming soon to Disney’s Wilderness Lodge, guests will be able to enter their room via the My Disney Experience App on their cell phone. According to Disney Parks Blog:
“Guests can also use their digital key to unlock the hotel entrance gate and common area doors requiring a key, which may include pools, fitness centers, elevators and club level lounges. Arriving travel parties that have checked in online may even use their digital key to bypass the need to visit the front desk, giving them the opportunity to go directly to their room when it is ready and start their vacation even faster.”
As I said earlier, I’ve had issues with my Magic Band in the past. While a cell phone may be easier to use, it could still be a problem for some guests — what if your phone dies or it won’t load the app? Disney is not doing away with the Magic Band though; this is just another option to make guests’ stays easier. Check out the video below for more information!
- Just Keep Swimming to Get These Limited-Edition Finding Nemo Pins - July 29, 2018
- Q+A with Matt Ellison, Senior Producer on LEGO DC Super-Villains - July 29, 2018
- War Machine Marketing’s Ro Kohli Talks Pantera Mini Guitars, Custom Toys, and More! - July 29, 2018
- A Perfect Han and Leia Close Out Our Last Cosplay Shots from SDCC 2018 - July 27, 2018
- Barzinga with Bleeding Cool’s Kaitlyn Booth: San Diego Comic-Con Aftermath - July 27, 2018